Maternal & Child Community
HELP - missed period for 10 days, but ept's are negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi there.  My partner and I have been ttc since January this year.  I am 10 days late for my period, but have done two tests which have tested negative.  I done some bloods but will not hear back until tomorrow.  Is this normal at all, I though ept's were meant to show up pretty early whether you are pregnant or not. My tummy feels like I am, and I've been weeing a bit in the last couple of days, but I am so lost about it all.  Im normally every 28 days, but this is the longest its been over my due date.  Help me please,I am so confused.
Trust me I understand what you're saying b/c I've been in the same position as you. I ttc for over a year, dr. appt's, blood tests, hsg's, laporoscopies, and then waiting every single month! I went through a horrible time, and on top of that everyone i knew was gettting pg, sil, good friend, celebrities, there were 6 women pg on my floor at my office!!
I'm not trying to upset anyone and when people told me to not stress I too would get upset but nothing came of it except that I became extremely depressed and it affected me mentally.
One of the reasons I'm here is b/c after my m/c in march I felt deflated and I had no answers and I really hoped to find something here and I did, not by posting just by reading other woman's stories. All the women here are courageous and are so knowledgeable and it really, really helped me b/c I thought I would never get pg and I did...yes I lost it but it happened and that gives me some hope.

I'm sorry you feel so bad...every feeling you feel I felt. Every month was an ordeal and the hopes of getting pg to only feel let down was something that made me not want to get up in the mornings.

I do believe there is hope for all women who want to, we just have to pick ourselves up and try again.
I know I am and will continue to, b/c although this past winter was one of my worsts I got through it and will keep trying.

Again, I'm sorry if I upset you not my intention.
Hahaha Sooo sorry, you didn't upset me at all!!! I think I was just venting because I don't think I can talk to my friends anymore because they think im a psycho!!!! Listen to this 14 of my friends got pg and me... nothing!!!! Hahaha isn't that funny? Thanks for your response, it was very sweet and it gave me hope as well. You are right and you didn't ofend me at all... Sorry if I reacted like that I am just a little down...
All's I can say is hang in there, and I hope you get your BFP tomorrow.
Good thing you got a blood test! Just b/c the HPT says negative doesn't mean you aren't and you wrote that you are pretty regular...being 10 days late is a signifcant time!

Keep your fingers crossed!
Hi there,

I'm in bit of a same situations I'm eight days late and received a negative HCG on Sat which was 6 days. I haven't been to the doc for blood work, but we've been ttc since Feburary and I've had complications and obstacles in between...but I'm so tired of seeing the negative results...I think I'm deciding to wait this one out and see what happens in within the next week or so..I've been to the doc every month...and every answer is don't stress, your young, sometimes it takes time. That's well fine and great to say, but it's very VERY hard not to do those things! I took a 25ml hcg and negative, it absolutely dampered my spirits but still no AF..I'm anxious to see some of the answers posted on here as well. Good luck to you!
Sometimes the stress of wanting a baby can cause af to be late.
It's happened to me in the past.
Your dr. is right and as hard as it seems you have to try not to worry and let it get to you.
I know you hear it from everyone, but I've been there and it got me nowhere, no baby and my marriage ended as well b/c it put such a strain on my relationship.
I believe everything happens in due time and when it comes to ttc it really is one day at a time.

I hope this helps, just some words from someone who was right where you are, and no I still don't have a baby, in fact it's been 4 years since i got pg (with my boyfriend) and although I miscarried I'm still hopeful and not stressing out...but still very  hopeful!
I am going through the same exact thing and I am so sorry but Im sick and tired of people that tell me that im stressing too much and not to worry or think about it... How can you not think about it if its something that you want with all your heart???? How can you stop thinking about it???? It is so hard... I had a miscarriage September of last year and it was very hard... after that my husband and I have been TTC but nothing... I've been late every single months, sometimes no period at all and my doctor told me that I had PCOS and that may be the cause of my MC so I am taking metformin for PCOS, clomid to help me conceive (first time taking it was two months ago and nothing happened so he gave me a bigger dose) and prometrium to start my period... I still dont have my period but I am crampin... Im scared of doing a pregnancy test because it breaks my heart when it comes "not pregnant".... You know what else happens to me... I wait for my period and I feel that im pregnant, nausea, dizzy, all the symptoms but everything is in my head... How can you stop stressin this????????? Good luck with everything! Keep me posted!
XOXOXO
I'm glad and trust me I know how much it sucks to have others around you get pg so easily! One of my bf's was on the pill for like 10 years got married decided after 2 years to have a baby, got off the pill in june and got pg the next month. She know has a 2 month old daughter! Although I was happy for her I couldn't understand, but what can I do except take it one day at a time.
At least you know you have women here to vent too and we've been through it or age going through it so we won't judge you and we'll be as understanding as we can.
I understand completely what you are going thru.  I know how hard it is when people tell you not to stress over it but to be honest it does only make it worse.  My husband and I ttc for 7 years.  We finally accepted the fact we weren't going to have children in our lives and guess what.  3 months later I started getting sick and noticed a small bulge in my lower abdomen.  I thought I had a tumor.  What a shock when I found out I was pregnant.  Best of luck to you!
hi everyone this is my first time on here.  I am 10 days late and have taken qiute a few pregnnacy test and all are negative.   Sometimes i feel pregnant, other times i don't.  I called the doctor and he said to wait until thursday.  Do you think i coul dbe pregnant.  I usually get my period everu 30 days so I wonder if i ovulated and implanted later than  thought
Hi there, I am now on day 17 of being late and have taken a home test nearly every day and they all say negative.  I was going to go to the DR today, but then on Saturday I took an ovulation test and the line was pretty dark, so we are now going to wait a few days and see.

Any thoughts on if I could be pregnant?  

me and my husband have been tryin for  months now. and i had 2 periods last night which caught me off guard. but now i am 11 days late for my period and i have been peeing alot more recently. but i have taken 2 hpt and both neg. i went to the dr today and got another neg pt. i want to get a blood test but i am scared to get another neg. cause we both want this so bad. and we both have our hopes up since the 7th missed day. any advice.? should i wait it out longer or get the blood test? pls let me know your thoughts.
Hey u!  My period is about every 21 days. i did some traveling on july 24 through the 27th, about the time my period should have came down.It was then  july 28 though the 31st and still no period. It is now august 14 and with Two neg ept test.One on the 8th of august and another on the13th of august.At first im like Well maybe my body is changing since im 28 yrs old or maybe stressed. i don't really feel that stress could delay your period this long.My friend also came along and her period came down two days later which was on time being last month we had it around the same time.