HPT at 9dpo......accurate or not?
I have been ttc for 3 yrs for number 2 (have had 4 losses in that time) and I was just wondering how many people actually get a bfp at 8-10dpo?  The reason I am asking is because a few days after O I started feeling VERY tired all day long (can't make it through the day without a nap, and still feel tired after my nap) and my bbs started to get sore and now they are REALLY sore (more than they usually are before getting af) and I also have alot of cm (sorry if tmi) and af is not due until around the 3rd or 4th of January (I O'd on Dec.20) so I thought I would take a hpt this morning with fmu (today is 9dpo) and it was neg.  Still think there's a chance I might be pg, or is all in my head? It just seems like there is a lot of women on this forum that get that bfp so early and I was just wondering if I still have a chance this cycle.  Dh and I are starting the IVF process (our first appt. with RE for IVF is at the end of January)and if I get pg on my own before all of that it would be such a blessing.  If I am pg, this child would be my Christmas miracle, as it would have been conceived just before Christmas.  Any advice, hope, or shared experiances would be very much appreciated- I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!
It could be posiible to get a + 8 to 10dpo, but unlikely. Just try to be patient and give it a few more days and try again. Good Luck to you!
From my experience and from what I have read from others  it is possible but if it is neg I would try again.  It is still poss that you are preg!!!

Good Luck!!!!
I got my bfp at 9dpo but a lot of women don't get them until 14 dpo or on the date af is due. Hpt's work by detecting hcg. Hcg doesn't begin to produce until after implantation so if implantation happens anywhere from 6-12 dpo and it takes at least 48 hours for enough hcg to be detected on a sensative test. Therefore, some women can get a bfp at 8dpo if implantation occured at 6 dpo but for some women, they don't get there bfp until 14 dpo because implantion happened at 12 dpo. Hope this helps.
I got a bfp on 10dpo, but it is twins so my level are higher than with a singleton....so I would wait a couple of days b4 testing again.....Good luck, and God Bless!!!!
Thank you for your responses!  If an egg did fertilize and has not implanted yet, can you already have symptoms?
I got a BFN at 9 dpo and a BFP at 10 dpo,
I didn't get my positive until 14 dpo.
9 days is early yet.  Wait and test in a few more days.
I didn't get a bfp until I was late by one day. Even on the day I was due to have af, I tested negative. I checked the test hours later in the pale and it was a faint positive. Took another one the next a.m. which was 1 day late and got a bfp. Also been trying for very long time and never got an early result. Depends on how much HCG your body produces. The same HCG also causes the symptoms. So if you are having symptoms it would seem logical you'd get a bfp. But test again in a few days if you don't get your af. Good luck!!
Thank you for sharing your experiance.  As far as symptoms go, did you not have any at all until after your bfp?  It's so hard because each of my pregnancies were so different, nothing has been then same (symptom wise)with any of them.  Boy, do I wish I had a little crystal ball with all the answers :)  Thanks again!
just wanted to let you know I tested negative day before af was due.  I waited 3 days and it was positive.  I had lost all hope thinking I wasnt pregnant but I was wrong....thank goodness!  Good luck.
I got my BFP at 9 DPO, but not with the last one. It just depends. Wait a few days and test again. Good luck!
dont worry its too early im 6 dpo i got a surge on 23 so im hoping i concieved for my christmas miracle it would be a wonderful way to start the new year 2007 off with a new pregnancy i just lost my first angel on nov 10 i got my af dec 10 i spotted 6 days b4 my af then i got my surge on the 23 and 3 days later i had mixed in discharge like a speck of blood i dont know why but im hoping to be preggo! best of luck to you dont loost faith
sticky baby dust to all of us!