Maternal & Child Community
Had a Tubal Ligation but I've experianced pregnancy symptoms is th...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Had a Tubal Ligation but I've experianced pregnancy symptoms is that possible?

I had a tubal ligation 10 years ago at age 22. Right now I'm on cd27. A few days after I ovulated I noticed a pinkish stain in my panties, I thought that was very strange. A few days after that my breast started hurting and have everyday since then. For the past week I've felt so run down. I go to sleep by 8pm. I have lower back pain. I get cramps like af is going to come but doesn't. Extreme nausea after I eat. A feeling of wetness, this feeling started a week ago and hasn't gone away. My cheeks feel hot in the afternoon. My question is, is it possible to become pregnant after a tubal 10 years ago? And if not, what else explains these symptoms?
my mom has a friend who has gotten her tubes tied 3 times and gotten pregnant all 3... i have a friend who is 5 months preg right now and she had her tubes tied about 1 and 1/2 years ago so u could be~
I"ve had several people tell me, and I mean several, esp my one good friend who worked in an OB practice, say that tubals are only good for about 10 years. My SIL's gyn told her the same. There's a good chance of getting pg with a tubal that was done 10+ years ago.

Take a test. THat's the only way you'll put your mind at ease.

BTW, I'm considering a tubal after this pg. Did your periods get worse after your tubal?
You know what...this is not my nickname. My nickname is Jessicaj850. My friends is Tasha456...I think it's because she used my computer to show me this site, LOL. Anyway, thank you for answering my question. I didn't know that other women experiance pregnancy after 10 years. I had heard but thought it was a rumor but I had heard that the younger you are when you have a tubal the greater chances of becoming pregnant because your body tries to "repair it's self" naturally. Don't know if there is any fact to that.

To answer your question I didn't find my periods got worse but other women have. There is a website you should check out it's called, angelshelpingothers.com and all of the ladies have had their tubes tied and talk about their experiances. Maybe that will help on your decision.
It's NOT true that tubal ligations are only "good" for 10 years.  They have a failure rate as does any method of birth control  The failure rate for surgical tubal ligation is anywhere from 1 in 100 to 1 in 150, depending on the method used and surgical skill of the operator.  Time passing after the operation may make some difference, but it is miniscule.  

It's unusual to conceive after a TL, but NOT impossible.  If you think you may be pregnant, it's imperative to see your doctor b/c you are at high risk of an ectopic pregnancy, which could be life threatening.