Has anyone else experienced an elevated pulse rate during pregnancy?
Since last week my resting pulse rate has been between 115-140.  I went to the doctor on Friday and they sent me to Labor and Delivery Triage because my ankles, feet and hands were very swollen. They couldn't find any reason for the extreme swelling. (I am 30 weeks pregnant) I go back to the doctor tomorrow and I am concerned about my pulse being so high. They didn't say much about it because my Blood Pressure is OK.  Has anyone else experienced this??
Yes, I have.  My BP is always fantastic but my heart rate is crazy high - 110's-120's.  I'm 35 weeks and they've never breathed a word about it to me.  They just comment on how good my BP is.
My pulse is usually around the 110. They say it is normal for the increase. As you have been to the doctors and they have told you everything is ok, I wouldn't worry about it. Are you having problems breathing?
CYW
it's normal for your pulse rate to go up when pregnanct because your heart and what not is pumping more blood because of the hormones and the baby and so it's very normal:)
I get short of breath all the time and my breathing is very heavy.
Its normal to an extent, but to have a true resting heart rate of 140 is most definately not normal.  Check it yourself several times a day when you are laying down on your side.  

I have shortness of breath a lot too!! I have never checked my pulse.
I had pitting edema with my ds.  They estimated I was carrying 25+ pounds of fluid.  My bp stayed fine, so while I was miserable the doc told me to relax.  I actually did a few simple physio exercises after birth and between Day 6 amnd 10 peed away 25 pounds.  

Lay on your left side for 15 minutes and then take your pulse.  If it is still high, you should go back in.

Also, did they war you about avoiding salty things?  That sometimes contributes to high blood pressure.

I hope you feel better soon.
I dont have any experience with this but, I just wanted to tell you to keep us updated on how everything is going with you. I'm sure everything is fine.  But just let us know how things are going with your progress.
Press on your leg, if the indent stays more than a few seconds you have pitting edema.  I looked like the michelin man.  The skin on my feet is still loose 3.5 years later.

Yes, I worked up until the night I went into labour.  IN fact I was having an internal the day before and my pager kept going off. I moved my office to a basement apt in our home so that made it a little easier.

I am bad for this because I fell into Atrial Fibrulation (spell) in early pregnancy and have been medicated ever since they shocked my heart.  My rate was between 140 - 180 and they hospitalized me immediatly.  I am sure this is due to the pregnancy, I still feel mine speed up sometimes.  I would say that if it does it and does not stop in 10 minutes call your doctor ASAP. I was worried about the baby when this happened but turned out it was me who could have had the stroke.  They said that if I would have waited thats what would have happened.  I was in the hospital for 9 days.  BUT NOTE my Heartrate was much much higher going into the 180's.  So dont panic just watch it.  This has no affect on the baby.
As always thanks for your help!  I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning and I will see what she says.  I saw two doctors on Friday and she said that maybe I shouldn't work anymore due to the swelling.  I will keep an eye on my pulse! :)
I try to avoid salty foods. My ankles are pitting too!  I am so uncomfortable and it seems like I have forever yet to go (I am 30 weeks).  Did you work the whole time??
I went in for that exact reason today they monitored me and discovered I was slightly anemic. I have also been short of breath which is because of the loss of iron. They just prescribed me an iron supplement and sent me on my way! I would say increase your iron intake and see if that makes a difference! I have yet to see if it has helped with me!
Hello GNicole,

I know it has been 4 years of your posted, but I'm having the same problem and I'm very concern about it. I would like to know how your delivery? Did you have any problem? Thanks a lot!

Maylin
I also have this problem.  Midwives told me to take cinnamon, iron, hibiscus tea, and exercise.  I was at 130 yesterday morning and by the end of the day after all the different remedies, I was at 84

I will try again today

I know I have to keep up with the remedies.  I am 33 weeks