Maternal & Child Community
Has anyone gotten pregnant on 50mg of Clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am starting to feel so hopeless.  I'm honestly ready to give up.  

We've been trying for over 9 months now, and I have taken 2 cycles of Clomid; I'm not sure if it's even helping.

Currently I'm on day 14 of my 2nd cycle of Clomid.  I've taken OPKs every day since day 11 with no two dark purple lines on the dang test. I've been bd'ing every other day starting on day 8.  

I've done everything I've thought of.  Been positive this entire 9 months trying.  

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can continue trying.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I'm so frustrated.  I'm know I'm not alone.  But still!!!

I would really appreciate something uplifting or spiritual.  Heck, I can't even find me a PT job.  
I am on 50mg of Clomid as well.  I am on my 3rd cycle.  DONT GIVE UP!!  It'll happen!!  How long are your cycles?  Are you getting AF every month?  Cause if you are then it IS working.  that is what my doctor told me.  Since AF is coming on her own then I am Oing.  Good luck to you!  Dont give up hope.  I am hoping 3rd times a charm for me!!
50 mg Clomid did not do it for me but once I was on 100mg I got pregnant my third cycle. I had also been trying for 9 months before I got my BFP.   Keep your spirits up as it will happen.  
Did you have an HSG done yet??? That opens them tubes up even more and you have a higher liklihood of getting pregnant right after it. I had it done and was preggers the next month.
my clomid cost around $8.00 per pill. I don't have extra health insurance, only what my province provides through our government.

I KNEW when I was ovulating because I got EXTREME ovulation pain. I ovulated the first cycle on clomid, then not on the second, then ovulated again on the third cycle.

I kinda had an idea when I would ovulate, I just went by when I ovulated the first cycle (again, I knew because of the pain). Dh and I bd 3 days before and the day of ovulation. I waited until I was 16dpo before I tested and I got a nice dark positive.

GOOD LUCK & BABY DUST!!!
I get EXTREME O pain too!  So I know I am Oing.  I just know what my doctor said about getting AF on your own!!
I used 50mg of clomid for three cycles. Finally on the last cycle I got my BFP. The last cycle I used OPK's and never got a positive either, maybe it has something to do with the clomid. I am 13 weeks today, please don't give up hope!!

Take Care
you mentioned that you didn't know what a HSG was. It is where they inject dye into your uterus, through a catheter placed in your cervix. They then take x-rays to make sure your fallopian tube are open.
yea if you dont O then you dont have AF. That is why sometimes we have anovulatory cycles and have no AF.
Thanks everyone.  It's at least nice to know it can happen.

Im hoping the OPKs aren't working because of the Clomid and that I am O'ing and will be pregnant.  

My cycles are between 28 to 30 days now.  My OBG said even though you get your AF doesn't mean your O'ing.  I usually get my AF, but never got pregnant, which is why I started the Clomid, because I wasn't O'ing.

I have had an HSG done, not sure what that is.  Probably costs a lot.  My insurance changed and this insurance doesn't even cover the cost of Clomid now.  Which sucks.  It's around $5.00 a pill!

Thanks again, I'll keep going, and hopefully, something good will happen.

hi for me i took clomid 50mg last month but did not ov this month my dr put me on 100mg and i ovulated on day 17 or18 of my cycle maybe you should tell your dr that your are doing the test and it's never positive maybe your not ov i never did with the 50mg althought i know people who got pregnant on 50mg so maybe this is your month ill keep you in my prayer .

i have a question i do the opk with a clear blue easy fertility monitor has anyone had luck with that monitor.
I am with you on the getting af on your own. If I didn't take clomid, I wouldn't ovulate, therefore I wouldn't get af on my own EVER!!
I was on 50g clomid and was convinces it was not working, I was doing the O tests and nothing, I even said to DH after my 2nd cycle that it's not working and that I think the dose should be increased, but then low and behold the reason my test said I was not ovulating was because I was already pregnant. I tried for over 1 year before starting clomid and am now 9 week pg.  Don't give up!
My DH and I were off birth control for one year, the first half of which we were not "trying" too hard, but then when it didn't happen I started charting temps, etc., and we were making more of an "effort"... but still no luck.  I started having extremely long (50-60 day) cycles and often with erratic BBT/anovulatory.  I might get a slight temp spike about 10-14 days before my period, but even then it was iffy.  In January I went on 50 mg clomid (days 3-7) and my temps indicated that I definitely O'd.  We had decent timing, BD'ing about every other day before ovulation.  I waited until 16 dpo and tested positive.  I'm 25 weeks pregnant now, and I swear that clomid was what did it.  I will not hesitate to use it again for our 2nd child.
I  am on my second cycle of clomid 50 mgs I'm hoping and praying I'm pregnant this month.  It very tiring taking preganancy tests and being disappointed hopefully it works.
hi everyone, me n my husband have been trying for over 6 months..no luck. i recently went to doctors where i was told i have 3 goes with chlomid 50mg, if no luck i will need to go on ivf. is this true??? i have been pregnant before forced to have abortion i was only 16. the doc says i am not ovulating ... how can this be?
Hi Shan

Have you had bloods done?  Do you know why your not ovulating?  Maybe you should have your FSH and LH levels checked?
Have you had a HSG done and has your husband been checked? My doc told me that these had to be done first. Because if your tubes are blocked or if it is your husband than it does no good to take clomid. If you have not had and HSG than i would ask your doc about that. Also how about a 21 day progesterone? My doc said mine come back fine b4 but I wasn't ovulating, has he done this?..Also how old are you this may have something to do with it, but only 3 cycles of 50 seems quite odd to me. My doc is talking about upping mine the 2nd cycle. You may want a second opinion.
i will be taking the clomid for the second time the first time it didn't work,i have switch docters so now 4 years later im trying again i'm very nervious i will be taking 50mg so ladies any advise please email me,i can use all the advise possible,my email is ***@**** please ladies pray for me thank you,carmen
I am on my first round of clomid I am 24 I have been with my hubby since we were 16 we got married in sep 08.  Mu hubby really wants a baby he always says to me Babe there comes a time in a mans life when he wants a baby. I went in for the hsg everything is fine he had a semen analaysis everything good.  we have been trying for 4 yr and i have never been on bc in the entire 8 yr.  the funny thing is I was pg when I was 14 and delivered when I was 15 and I had no choice but to give the baby up for adoption so I know that i am able to have a baby.  This was my biggest fear of not being able to have another baby maybe I am being punished however I did make the right decision at that time in my life.

Lots of love to you all
im 43 ans thinking of taking clomid   i have 3 teens from first marriage   want a baby with 2nd hubby  i had a cystecomy and right ovary removed in jan   been trying to get pregnant for 3 yrs   will clomid help?  time running out
thanks
Hey everybody! My OB put me on the clomid because I have PCOS . If i don't have a period this month she said to take Provera until I start my period then on the 5th day of my period take the 50mg Clomid. I hope I get pregnant. I put my percription in at walmart and got the 5pills for $9. I couldn't believe it cause I thought it was suppose to be expensive. Anyway I am suppose to start this whole process Dec. 1st. if i don't start my own period this month. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. It seems to me after reading everyones blog, no one has gotten pregnant off the 50mg. But my doc said if I don't conceive this Dec. then she will up my dosage for January. I can't wait! I love kids and I deserve one of my own. God bless! I will let you guys know if anythings happens for me and what dose it happened on!
I got pregnant on the first use of colmid which was 50 mg  I wasn't ovulating at all not releasing an egg at all toke the first dosage and go pregnant with my son... Now my hubby is deployed and hes due to come on on RR and I want to try but I would like my Dr. to give me the colmid so we will see
My husband and I have been trying for 1yr 3months. I'm 30yrs old and my husband is 40. We had his sperm tested came back great I had an HSG done everything looked good. I've been taking clomid for 3months 50mg, 100mg, now 150mg and no luck!!!! It's very stressful..I get blood work done on day 22 and I have ovulated and this month I didn't! The nurse said she does see this happen but wished my levels were high so just upped my dose. I dont know what to do? Clomid takes its toll on me...Hot flashes, mood swings, & bloating...I'm tired I feel like I'm getting no where so just wanted to say THANK U to everyone sharing your stories because it helps knowing I'm not the only one going through this.....
I was just prescribed Clomid today and was told to take it from day 5-9 what do I do after that? Can anyone help?
Hi you will need to go for a scan at your doctors.I am on clomid 50mg from days 2-6 of my cycle and then go for a scan on day 10.Hope that helps xx
yes you can i was only on it one cycle missed period didnt take a test till yesterday which was 65 day since last period it was a very good positive very shocked my husband and i where tying for 2 years and he had a low sperm count to so yes strange things do happen have to keep the faith i am about 9 weeks seeing DOC this week can wait ti see ultrasound
I am 24 years old and I have been trying to get pregant for a year and six months. I have a five year old son. My doctor put me on 50mg clomid six months ago and still no luck. Does anyone have any help for me?
GE LADIES!!! I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY STORY W/U N PRAY THAT IT GIVES U SOME ENCOURAGEMENT I USED CLOMID FOR 4 CYLCES N NOW IM HAPPY TO SAY I AM 5WKS PREGNANT WITH MY MIRICALE...I BEGAN TO GVE UP ON HOPE ASWELL N MY LAST TIME TAKING CLOMID WAS JAN, FEB MY PERIOD CAME BUT MARCH NTH AT ALL I TOOK 10 HOME TEST BCUZ I CLDN BELIEVE THE 2 LINES I WAS SEEING IM SO BLESSED MY BABY IS SO FAR SO GOOD N I WISH U ALL THE BEST OF LUCK W/CONCIEVING (PRAYER IS THE REAL MEDICINE!!!
hi. I m on second cycle of clomidin. I think I statted too late first month. I heared best days to start are 3 to 7. Heck, I m not sure I even ovulated. Although, I felt a lot of tension when I was taking clomidin. I also take folic acid and Vitex. Idk what else to do. / I m 35. And noticed I kinda have hot flashes. But I still have my periods? Can I be going to menopouse? Its scary. How much of folic acid u suppose to take?  Does anbd know?
i have been on the  clomid an have hasd no luck aslo was taking floic acid i tok that for just over three months iam 31 years old an we having been trying for over two years an nothing after been on the clomid my doctor told me that i have not been ovulating so now i have to wait 6 onths to see a doctor at the hospital grrr iam so low at the moment have tried so much to have the little baby anyone out there in the same boat as me ???
I can understand where you're coming from. I too am 31 and been trying for over 2 years and all I have to show for it are two early miscarriages. So frustrated and disappointed.
Hi all,

I have 2 children and this year we were TTC for 10  months. I was getting BFN after BFN -it's soul destroying isn't it.
My cycles were all over the place.
I was recommended Clomid to try - 50mg. I had 3 cycles taking 50mg days 5-9 and nothing :(

So then I tried 100mg as well as the concieve (conceive) plus gel and I knew I was pregnant at 8dpo! I think the gel really helped. I also took calcium and zinc supps.

Hang in there - luck to all
Hey Everyone, I'm 25 and my husband is 29 and we have been trying to get pregnant for 17 months. I had the HSG done and the results showed that one tubed was fine and the other was inconclusive. We started clomid this month from day 5-9 on mar.3 so this is day 28. I O normally but Now that i started clomid i never got a positive result but my doc says i did O, and i had really bad pains that i even ended up going to the docter and they told me that I'm just super ovulating and that can be really painful.  Not really sure when to take a preg. test . My cycle normally is 24-28 days but i have heard a lot of people waiting till day 35 when on clomid.
my doctor said that is makes your cycle longer, has anyone else heard this. hopefully this will be our success story. Good luck to everyone.

~* baby dust*~
you are not alone hun
i had 5 cysles of clomid 50mg, only 1st and 3sr cycle i had O +ve, but still BFN!
my dr reffered me for an IVF, im scares, im going to ask my dr to increase my clomid dosage. cos im really scared and i can hardly afford an ivf either.
[btw i have pcos]

slim
HI I`M 36 HAVE A 11 YR OLD WITH MY HUSBAND HAD 2 MISSCARRAIGES 1ST TRIMESTER MY HUSBAND HAD A SEMEN ANALISIS ITS NORMAL I`M SKIPPING MONTHS OVULATING MY DOC JUST PUT ME ON 50MG OF CLOMID FOR 3 MONTHS I HAD LAPOROSCOPY HAD SOME SCAR TISSUE REMOVED OVARIES ARE HEALTHY UTERUS IS HEALTHY & INK WENT THREW TUBES THERE OPEN ALSO GOT A DNC DO YOU THINK ARE CHANCES ARE GOOD BEEN THREW SO MUCH TESTING SURGERYS FOR 3 YRS I`M FEELING OVERWHELMED LOSING FAITH =0(
Hi there we'll I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 year so I asked my doctor and he put me on clomiphene 50 mg I really hope this works. I really want to have a baby
I been trying for over nine years now I'm thinking about getting on clomid 50mg
Hi there
im 22 and so is my partner. Neither of us has had children and ive never been pregnant before. We have been trying for a baby for over 2 years now. I had a laproscopy and they said everything is fine and normal, tubes are clear etc. Partner has had a few sperm tests, they are slightly low but still enough to get pregnant. Ive just been put on my first cycle of clomid and im so scared. From what i have read people have said if u ovulate naturally then clomid can do more harm then good. We do everything we can to try and concieve (conceive) from all the myths to all the doctors advice. I'm currently on day 12 of cycle and i took clomid days 2 - 6, although it has made me feel pretty rubbish with bloating, headaches etc, i dont mind as i will do anything and go through anything to get pregnant. Please give me any other advice u have or stories. Thanks
Hi, I'm currently on my 3rd round of clomid hoping it will be 3rd time lucky, taking 50mg days 2-6 first round didn't ovulate took it 1-5 2nd time took it 2-6 and ovulated pug no bfp! :( so only took my first tablet this morning so got everything crossed!does anyone have really bad period pains on clomid ?? X
Leanne it makes me feel rubbish 2!! Find I have all pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) and end up not being pregnant! :(
Hi I had sex on the 6 day of Clomid the Dr. Said for me to wait but can still get prego or should I continue with my last pill .
Hi glad to read all your stories this time last year I was In your shoes I went through all the tests as LEANNE which makes sense before taking clombad .
Anyway I started CDN 5-9 days & was successful first time! You do get a lot of side effects MOMMY its probably late to answer your question you can bd when you like but advise to only take another course of clomid pills after had AF
Good luck everyone!
Pls can someone help me out, I am 36yr, have a 20yr old daughter w my friend, but trying for the 2nd baby for over 3yrs now, I have checked my tubes, one is weak n the other is blocked, but I have opened it,  but still I am not conceiving. Iam on clomid, can someone tell when is the right  days to  have sex. Or should I increased my clomid dose. Iam on 50mg. Pls help me out, time is running. Thanks.
However, the most common dosage of Clomid is 50 mg, taken for five days, on days 3 through 7 of your cycle, or days 5 through 9 of your cycle. (With day one of your cycle being the first day of real menstrual bleeding, and not just spotting.)

The best thing to do is to start having sex every other day for one week, starting on the fifth day after taking the last pill. Also, if you use an ovulation predictor kit, you may want to have sex everyday when the kit indicates that ovulation is around the corner.

It's important to keep in mind that these are not guaranteed days for ovulation, but only the most common times of ovulation for Clomid patients.
It's also important to keep in mind that the time you usually ovulate from cycle to cycle may be different when taking Clomid. You may ovulate earlier or later than you usually do. However, after Clomid treatment has started, ovulation will usually occur around the same time each treatment cycle.