Maternal & Child Community
Hcg level too high?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hcg level too high?

Ok everybody, I need your help!  I'm 38 y.o.  several positive hpt.  Saw dr. yesterday at 4weeks 6day since LMP.  I have short cycles...23 days.....don't know when I ovulated.  Dr.  did an ultrasound.....tried to do belly, but couldn't see much, so he did a vaginal ultrasound.  He found one to three gestasional sacs but he wasn't real clear about what he saw.  I did see two sacs and one of them appeared to have something in it...but the other I couldn't see anything...the third was just a haze?  He dated the pregnancy 5wks 2 days from what he saw, but seemed concerned. I dated myself 4 weeks 6 days.
Dr. ordered a hcg test saying that the pregnancies might not be viable and that we could do a d & c in the office.  (I had explained to dr. that I didn't know if I wanted to keep preg. as I have two children and am 38, have had difficult preg. with premature babies and two c-sections. )....anyways,  I did the test that day and got the result that day....it was 8850 at 4wks 6days.  I called dr office today to discuss results today and the nurse called back saying that the dr. was concerned that the number was too high for what he saw in the ultrasound?  That just doesn't make sense to me...but hey what do I know.....he did not schedule another bloodtest, but scheduled another ultrasound for one week from now.....so everybody...what do you think?  

Thanks