Heavy Period
Hello!  AF has finally arrived!  I have been waiting for a couple of weeks now thinking it would be starting soon.  My DD is four months old and I stopped breastfeeding about 2 weeks ago.  

My question is...Is the first period after having a baby typically SOOOOO heavy???  I am on day 3 of AF and it is STILL bad!  Usually I'm heavy for a day or so and it trickles off.  Did anyone else have a really heavy first period???  Does this mean all of my periods will be heavy from now on, or is my body just 'cleaning out' and adjusting after being pregnant etc?

Thanks!
Amy
Totally normal! I think I had a few heavy AF's After my DD was born! I think it is you system cleaning itself out.
My sister also bleed very heavily after weaning her kids. It is perfectly normal. Her periods regulated themselves as time went on.
Okay amy, now you're just bragging!  My periods are at least 10 days to 14 days and well over half of that is very heavy.  I'm soo jealous of you, anyway, yep you do have heavier periods for a little while afteryour baby, your body is just cleaning out and getting back to normal.  You should be back to your old self in a month or a few.  Congrats on your baby!
Hi! I just got my first period after stoped breastfeeding my son. It's insane how heavy it is. I was thing I am actualy externaly bleeding............. But now I have read your comment I am not alone on this one! So it should be like that. I don't believe I was bleeding sooooo bad with my daughter? Thank you anyway!
i stopped breastfeeding two months ago, i breastfeed for a full year.OMG,its crazy how heavy my period is. im scard to go to work or anyplace for that matter. is it like this for everyone.