Maternal & Child Community
Help ?? A faint line showed up on and Equate hpt test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help ?? A faint line showed up on and Equate hpt test

Okay here is the story. I started my last period on the 22nd of feb. The last time I had sex with my fiance was the 27th of feb. He also used a condom which did not break. As of today the 27th of march I have not got my period. I took and equate and a first response early detection test yesterday the 26th of march. I took them both at the same times. After the alotted time they both came up negative. After about 3 hours I noicted a faint line on the equate one in the positive area but nothing on the first response. So I again took another test with both. This time the first reposnse came up negative. The equate one was negative then after about 5 mins a really faint line appeared.
  Now I am worried. Is the first response accurate or the equate one. I have not had sex since the 27th of feb. and I was on my period. wouldn't it have shown up by now a month later.

Please help
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I know on most HPT's they say dont read after 10 minutes. Its because a line can show up after the allotted time. My best advice would be to wait a few days if you havent gotten your period by then take another Hpt. If you arent to sure you can go to a doctor to have a what they call a Qualitative test done.. This just shows a positive or negative. Like I said give it a few days and stress can cause you to be late. Hope this helps some.
Blank
Hi, I have had many issues with things like this also.  There is one of two things that are happening.  One could be that you are just simply late, and your worrying is making it late.  Robyn is right with the test showing a false positive if you wait to long.  Its hard to tell though.  Don't assume that you are not and go out for drinks, you very well may be.  I have taken tests and seen a very faint line after 5 min also, and I was truley pregnant.  I din't however produce enormous amounts of HCG, the pregnancy didn't last, I misscarried about a week later. I am pregnant currently and the same things happened again, I had a faint line, but this time it seems to be goign ok.  I would wait about a week, and if you still didn't get it - go to yor docs and get a blood test.
Hope this helps.

Mary
Blank
well i got a faint positive as well but its to faint that  im not too sure. and then took a dollar tree and was negative what u think? my husband saw the equate one and did see the line.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...