Maternal & Child Community
Help, blood in stool and pregnant!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Help, blood in stool and pregnant!

I am only about 11 weeks pregnant, but I have noticed blood in my stool like alot of other women have posted on here. I have slight cramping, but I am not sure if it is from just my body adjusting to the changes of my growing baby and from my size I just notice it more, as I am built very narrow. I would really like some input if anyone else has this problem or has any ideas what it could be. This is my first baby and I want everything to run as smoothly as possible for me and my unborn baby, just like every mother to be. Thanks!! Please help!
Hemorrhoids are pretty common during pregnancy, and that is also the most normal reason for a person (pregnant or not) to see blood in (on) the stool.  You might check with your ob-gyn next time you are having an exam to see if that is what is going on, or you could try wiping with some witch hazel every time you go to the bathroom, and see if it stops.
Blood in you stool could be many things. What does it look like? Are you sure it's in the stool and not from a tear or something. It is possible to have a hemorrhoid as AnniBrooke said. Have you been constepated? Constepation is common during pregnancy and a nard stool can cause you to tear and bleed but it's not in your stool. Does it burn when you have a BM? The cramping could also be caused from constepation. I'm sure it's probably nothing serious but you might want to call your doctor and let her know exactly what's going on just incase. And congratulations on becoming a new mommy.