MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
Help with these temperatures....
by ReneeReed, Feb 08, 2006
I have been taking chlomid for 3 months.  I don't know much about the BBT.  I have had some odd temps lately.  (Or atleast they seem odd to me)  I'll just give you an 8 day scenario.  Feb 1st 97.4, Feb. 2nd 97.9, next 97.7, 98, 98.3, dip to 97.7, 97.5, and back up to 98.1 today.  Like I said I'm no expert on these temps.  Could someone just give a simple explaination?
*Use as open forum*
Thanks ladies!!
*Hoping for baby #1*
Member Comments (20)
by greenpixie, Feb 08, 2006
Can you give some more details?  How many DPO are you?  Or is that what you are trying to figure out?  The temps you put don't seem unusual to me.  They seem to be about average for the LP.  You can't really tell anything by individual temps.  You just want to make sure you have a triphasic chart.
by Harleygrl, Feb 08, 2006
Well last month the damn things were all over the place even before ovulation. This month it was a steady 97.7 which is high for me but the last 3 days have been 97.3 which is very normal for me pre-o. I finished Clomid 6 days ago and hope to O very soon. No LH surge yet but cm is begining to increase. Last month I did not O until 11 days after the last pill.  Holding off on a lot of BD until LH surge or some major EWCM.
Unsure if I told you but DH semen analysis came back as normal!!

This is month #7 ttc and I hope this month is it. It is getting so frustrating.
by ateague, Feb 08, 2006
Alright, if these temperatures were after ovulation, then it could very well be triphasic which doesn't exactly mean you're pregnant, but there is a chance. That dip you experienced could be an implantation dip if these are temps after o (I got that dip too when I was temping and now 20 weeks preg).  If they are before ov., then I can't explain very well.  They shouldn't be rising like that, they should be steady, then dip, then spike and level out at a higher range.  I have heard Clomid makes your temps crazy though, it could be due to that.
by jifnif, Feb 08, 2006
i did read about dh!!! very cool.  what ever happened w/ your doc, did you get a new one?  I am not familiar w/ the whole clomid but i am all too familiar w/ the ttc for 7mths!!!  by this point its all too frustrating.  we almost gave up.  you are doing everything in your power.  i cannot wait for your bfp so i cant imagine how you feel (well, i can).  Its gonna happen.  Lately i have been going back and reading old posts and seeing the names change from ttc to bfp's and there is a cycle.  I pray this is your month.  love ya, jennifer
by Harleygrl, Feb 08, 2006
Hey thanks for the encouragement I really need it. :)
I have an appt with an infertility spec on Feb 20th. Ya know what they say when you make that appt itis usually right when you get a BFP.
by Harleygrl, Feb 08, 2006
Thanks a ton!!!  Keep sending the good wishes my way.
                          Love, Kelly
by Harleygrl, Feb 08, 2006
I am also on Clomid and have found out the temps on this med are very erratic and hard to follow.
by jifnif, Feb 08, 2006
how the heck are your temps lately???
by greenpixie, Feb 08, 2006
OOPS!  I meant to say "Biphasic"  not "Triphasic".  If you do have a triphasic chart, that may mean pregnancy.  But don't panic if you only have 2 groups of temps.  That's what you really want.