Maternal & Child Community
Horrible cramping after miscarriage...Is this normal? (TMI)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

For those of you who hasn't seen any of my posts, here is a little back ground. I had a miscarriage the middle of Oct. My numbers went down and then on the 30th they were back up to 91. now from last Wednsday they went down again to 48. Doc thinks everything did not come out and since I started bleeding again last Tuesday I got rid of everything.I was only about 4 weeks along. I go in Wednsday for another test to make sure it is at 0. I haven't bled since last Sunday. Now starting Friday night, I started having horrible cramps (I have never had cramps before, so I know I shouldn't complain...But, I don't know what to expect) It hurts to walk, cough,laugh,cry. Sometimes it doesn't hurt as much.But it is a constant ache. Do you think this is an infection? Is this normal after a miscarriage? We are using condoms until I know if my numbers are at 0, per docs request. (So we don't mix up new levels with old if I fall pregnant right away) But one time the condom broke. Also, I have never had a lot of cervical mucos. But since Saturday it has been out of control. This morning I felt like I wet myself.It was all over my undies. It is very stringy. And ALOT!!!!!Any advice and/or opinions would be wonderful. Thank you so much for your time!
I had cramps while bleeding but I don't think i had any after, and my mucus was almost non existant till about three months after i mced both times.  It might be an infection, I know that after my first DnC they put me on a pill to make me have contractions to help everything pass, but they didn't the second time which was I did naturally.  But of course after you have a DnC or a baby I think your cervix is bigger (the opening) so stuff passes easier.  I was 5 and 6 wks for both of mine.  Other then that I don't know what to tell you, maybe check and see if you have a fever.  I would also think that if you had an ifection there would be some pain with sex. But call your dr. tommorow.
I only had a lot of pain until I had passed everything I was 12 weeks along and bleed for 3 weeks but didnt experience pain once I had m/c but when I did m/c it was alot of pain until I passed the wee baby then it was emotional pain. Maybe you should just get a check up incase of infection. Good luck.
I had a D&C at 9wks and then about 8 days later I had SEVERE cramps and pain but nothing was coming out.  I called my OB who said it is very common to not have everything out right away. She recommended a hot shower and then a heating pad on my belly.  It worked wonders and within an hour I had massive clots coming out of me. I was thinking that maybe you could try that as well. As far as the infection, my guess is your CM would be yellowish in color or smell odd and you should have at least a low grade fever.  I still would get it checked out either way.  Call your OB in the morning or go to the ER if you want a quicker diagnosis