How long after giving birth can you have intercourse safely?
I just want to know how long you have to wait to have intercourse after giving birth? I dont think im ready just yet, but I want to know when It would be a safe time... I didnt have an episiotomy, and im not sore at all but I want to  be sure and not mess myself up...
Most docs ask that you wait until after your 6 week PP check-up. I have to admit, I haven't always done that, but in hindsight I wish I would have. I didn't end up with an infection or anything, but it was quite uncomfortable.
i waited only 2 weeks.....wasn't the smartest thing i ever did but i stopped bleeding 3 days after giving birth and had no tearing, cutting, no stitches needed.

i felt fine....my dr said 4-6 weeks.
My Dr. always told me 6 weeks and to wait longer if I wasn't feeling up to it. I would talk to your Dr. about it at your 6 weeks post pardom appointment.
Mine said 6 weeks as well, but with my first I tore completely through my rectum, and couldn't even think about sex for over 5 months, even then it seemed too soon.  I just had #2 and he will be 2 weeks tomorrow.  I already feel way better than I did after my son, only needed a few stitches this time.  I would still wait the 6 weeks personally, but have a friend that only waited 4 weeks and was fine.  I was a little jealous.
Usually not until you see the doctor for your 6 week check up!
My Dr told me whenever I stopped bleeding and felt up to it.  We waited 3 wks after both kids.  Just remember- it will probably be uncomfortable.
I saw my Gyno 6 weeks post pardom and she said sex was a go,( I had to have stiches removed from my perinium, SP?, as I torn naturally) but I was still sore 2 weeks after that....I think it took me 9-10 weeks post pardom to be able to actually have intercourse, but more months after that to actually ENJOY it and feel normal again down there..Relax, and don't force yourself, even if it take 6 weeks or more..It will all return to normal in due time..
I just noticed you name was Maddysmom..My daughters name is Madelyn, so technically I'm Maddy's mom too!:) Is your daughters name Madeline (however you spell it, I decided to go with a different sp) or Madison or just Maddy ..Just curious..take care!~bops
I did it at 4weeks, because I felt great!!!!!!!
Awww I think thats a beautiful name! My little girls name is Madison. And I just had another daughter named carleigh and she is 1 week today!
Oh everything is going really well actually.  Getting a little stress relief now.  Becareful about doing anything "thing" with the hubby hun.  You body still needs to heal up and it could cause an infection since its been only a week.
My doctor told me 4 weeks, that's when he does PP check up.  But I have to admit we did it the first time when my dd was 8 days old, that hurt so we waited until she was about 2 weeks old and I was fine from there on out.  My doc didn't even know when he did his thing.
Congrats on the new little one! That is amazing that you feel so great and ready to have sex again already! It seems like it took me forever to heal up and feel better down there! Sometimes, I am still sensitive if touched where I had stitches. I also have another on the way, althought no one Knows it yet except me, DH and all you Forum'ers that have read my posts..(I am waiting until after I go to my 1st prenatal visit in 2 weeks before I let all my Family & friends, just to be safe)..Congrats again!~bops
If you feel up to it, go for it.  I had lots of stitches both times and waited several weeks.
Hey lady!  I think after both my daughters I waited 4 weeks or there about.  However if your husband is already pushing it perhaps you could think about oral pleasing him if you feel that you are up for that?  I know its a lot of pressure and he should understand that it isn't right to push you especially with the baby being so new, but just an idea.
HEHE, yeah I guess i should do something for him so that he will still be interested... lol I just wish I could get some "pleasure too". I think I may let him try tonite or tomorrow... But if it hurts then Im STOPPING lol Ive finished bleeding THANK GOD! Which is amazing because when I had her I had a small hemmorage.... Oh yeah, how is everything going with the BF? Did you talk to him about all the stuff???? Let me know how everything is going!!!!!

<3 Alyson
Im feeling good, and im not sore at all... the doctor told me whenever I feel comfortable doing it then I could, because I didnt tear, have an episiotomy, so i didnt have ne stitches... with my first daughter I had an episiotomy and I think I had sex right around 4 weeks and it hurt alittle bit... it just seems like my DH is pushing it upon me, and I want to make him happy, but I dont know. 1 week just seems a little too soon...
Well, the night before my daughter was 4 weeks old I got pretty drunk (get a BABYSITTER) and had sex. It was the best thing I've ever felt in my life considering my guy and I were used to having sex everyday. Sometimes more than once a day. Anyway, it was hard on us to wait so long but it was great. Just get drunk. You wont feel any pain.
My doctor said I was good to go at 4 weeks.  I guess it all depends on if you're all healed and feeling up to it.
Do it when u feel...I waited 2 weeks and it was great my husband was an animal
I have had all 5 of my kids vaginally.  I never want my husband to go near me until after I have my 6 week check up.  I prefer to get the okay from my doctor and even the first couple of times, it is a little painful.  But as you can see, everyone is different.
The doc at the hospital told me 4 weeks but my OB said 6 weeks. I only waited 4 weeks and it wasnt very pleasant. I had a very deep episiotomy and I just dont think my body was ready for it yet. Just go by how you feel.
The Doctor always advised me six weeks But five kids later i could wait six years
I am about to have my first birth...twins...I am about to enter into my 7th month, the Dr. said it was quite possible that I would go as early as 32 weeks....any words of advice?
I'm dying for sexual intercourse n my daughter is 3 weeks old should I do it any advice please x
i have a question...is it safe to get drubk while still bleeding and healing up from delivery? its only been 2 weeks since i delivered...I wanna have my parents watch my son and be able to get drunk (i am bottle feeding anyways) but I was told by my husband that alcohol thins your blood and can cause me(since im bleeding down below)to bled more causing problems with recovery...any advice?
i didnt tear or n e thing....i gave birth almost 2 weeks ago and i have never been more excited to sleep with my husband i got my body back and it looks better than befor my husband is having a hard keeping his hands to himself...my vagina is not sore at all...i would prolly give it a go at my 2 week mark but....i ended up with horrible hemerhoids and had to have surgery 4 days after giving birth so...as soon as that feels better...im planning trying it....its so hard for us to wait :)
I'm all healed, 5 weeks post partum, never had stitches or tears. I can barely hold myself back from my man but he's not willing to touch me until the 6 weeks mark. But of course I've been helping him out since day 4...is this fair? What am I supposed to do? Maybe this is just an excuse for him? I'm even 20lbs lighter then pre-pregnancy. So he can't say I became fat. Maybe the sight of a baby coming out of a place that was his only made him not attracted to me anymore? I am so frustrated, help me!!!!
I did it at one week cuz that ***** hadn't put out in awhile, and as soon as she stopped bleeding I plugged her again!
I did it 12 days it felt good no problems at all yet my baby just turned 2 weeks today my husband was also surprised I was tight he imagined it would be kindof loose lol.  
i would wait 6 weeks i hade an aunti that hade sex to early and ended up dieing beacuse of the mans sperm. give your body time to heal its worth it  good luck'
Tomorrow makes four weeks for us. Its hard keeping my hands to myself. And its hard for my man to keeps his to himself also. I cant wait for sex. I did not tear, and I stopped bleeding three days ago (such a relief)! I think this weekend, IT'S ON!!! I will try and let everyone know how it goes, but pain is not something that I think will occur. :)
I had my baby September 4 it's September 15 n my man is ready to have sex. Should I do it I'm nt bleeding I'm feeling great
i had a baby 3 weeks ago and my boyfriend wants vaginal intercourse really bad, i have to admit i do too but am hesitant to weather it would be wise. already nervous of becoming pregnant again but if we used a condom i know u are only suposed to use certian lubes any of u ladies know what kind is acceptable so do not get infection. also will having sex b4 the 6 weeks change how much i heal?? 1stxmom
I wait till after I went to my doctor which was three weeks
Haha this is the best comment I read yet! I have the sex drive of a man so to think of waiting 6 weeks is just not realistic for me. Thanks for the down to earth response, Ill take ur advice ;)
Can i have sex now, it's been 7 weeks after postpartum, but i had a dr's appointment today which got reschedule cause my chip got cancelled weeks after giving birth. Also my baby ripped me down there when pushing.
Can one get pregnant if they have unprotected sex and u're man does not urinate on u.
Is it safe to have sex 4 weeks after having a c-section
my wife had stitches and it has been healed now stitches was done at june-02-2013