How long can it take HPT to be positive?
I first want to wish everyone a good new year and thanks for helping me thru this difficult time.  I had hcg shot on dec 17th and was inseminated on the 18th.  I did menopur shots for 3 weeks prior to insemination and dr said i had 2 good follies.  My progesterone level was 31.0 which I did ovulate.  I have had tender breasts, tired, after i eat feel kinda yuck, i some cramping 5 days post insemination, but no positive hpt.  I took one today and few days before it is probibly 12 dpo I get a blood test in the morning and I scared to death it will be another NEGATIVE. I want to tell my husband at 12am jan 1, 2006 that we are finally expecting.  I am going crazy thru this infertility stuff.  Thank you so much for everyones help and good luck to all.  Faith2006
14 days past ovulation.
14 days after ovulation is usually the rule of thumb. Some woman have a BFP early while other have it later. My girlfriends period was over a week late before she got a light positive.  Your blood work will be more exact, they come out + much earlier.

Babydust.... update this thread when you hear back.
Thank you for the help I will let you know what I find out.
I hope this works for you.  A friend of a friend is 3 mo. pregnant with twins after the same procedure.  Good luck!
I just took one today and it came out positive.  My period was due today.  I took test on Monday and Wednesday and they were negative.  I would give it a few more days and test again.

Good Luck!  I hope you are pregnant.
Thank you for the information. It helps me be alittle more positive about my situation. How many times did the do the procedure before conceiving?
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you the best.
HOPE YOU GET YOUR WISH!...GOOD LUCK TO YOU!...AND LOTS OF BABY DUST
my test was negative. I dont understand how my ovulation blood test was good but i did not get pg.
Aym
That really sucks.  Im sorry.
I am getting really cranky. I have had 4 inseminations with clomid and 1 insemination with the menopur shots. My progesterone says I ovulate with every cycle taking the drugs but nothing seems to happen after that. I hate it because no one can tell me why. I dont understand why I ovulate but not conceive. Thanks for your thoughts hope you have a great year. Faith2006
Hey Faith. I just wanted to let you know my cousins situation that had the same thing happen. Well to start they told my cousin and her husband they would never be able to have kids on their own and they had a small percentage with insemination. She got pregnant the 2nd time around with inesemination. She had a little girl. They wanted another, the insemination did not work. So she said forget it if she is supposed to have a baby God will make it work. Well a couple months later her daughter was 4 at the time, said mommy you have a baby in your belly. She thought about it and thought "I havent had a period this month" She did not track her period, temps or anything anymore. Well sure enough she was prego after being told they could NEVER conceive on their own. She had a very healthy pregnancy with no complications and had her little boy in November. I just want to let you know to have faith, and I don't know if you believe in God, but sometimes when you let things go they will naturally happen when they're supposed to. I will keep you in my prayers. I know how hard this is to women. My parents tried once and didn't do anything so they adopted which wasn't a bad choice im so greatful for them. But I know my moms wanted to always to carry her own baby in her. I'm sending you lots of blessings your way. You will be in my prayers. I really hope everything works out and you will have that little bundle of joy inside of you before to long ;)
Thank you so much for your cousins story. Even though us women have this infertility problems it always nice to hear positive stories like that.  Keeps the situation alittle less negative.  I am glad that your cousin had children.  I do believe in god but sometimes i feel like he does not beleive in me.  I know i shouldn't think that way but it is sometimes easier to believe the worst.  Well again thank you very much for all your kind words and thoughts. I started my meopur shots today and go back to dr on Friday the 6th.  Hope to hear from you soon. Faith2006
my period was on the 15th december 2005 and ended on the 19th december 2005.I have been tryin to have a baby and tried conceiving on my ovulation days and some days after my next period is suppose to be on the 12th January but i took a test  friday of last week and it was negative does it mean that i am not pregnant and i also found out i have a bladder infection have been taking antibiotics for it, experiencing period like cramps. i just need to know if there is a possiblity that i could be pregnant want to be soooo1 badly