Maternal & Child Community
How much movement is "normal" at 20 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm in my 21st week now and over the last 2 days I haven't been really feeling the baby move around a lot.  I'm kinda worried about her because of all the complications right now.  How often is it "normal" to feel the baby moving right now, especially since I've been feeling her move for the last 7 weeks.
I think every mom and baby is different. I started feeling my son at 13 weeks and my husband could feel him at 16 weeks some women dont even feel there babies until after 20 weeks. If ever you are worried about the movment I would call the doctor...they are there to help you through you worries in your pregnancy... How often do you usually feel your baby? sometimes they have very sleepy days.
My doc told me today that at 20 weeks not alot of movement is actually expected. If you feel it....consider yourself lucky because not all women do. That is pretty much what he said to me. It really made me feel better.......I thought I was just a wierd-o. :) (Well maybe I am but still)
Hey hon...I just read in the August mommies post that you are due on August 27. I am due the 28th and am just now 20 weeks. So I would imagine you are 20 weeks, 1 day. Just wanted to post that real quick in case you didn't go back to the other post! :)
Yeah I'm like 20 weeks 2 days or something like that (going by what the doctors tell me when I go in).  Just know that I finally finished out that 5th month by starting my 21st weeks and starting the 6th.  I've usually felt this little girl moving a lot, and just lately when I've been working not much of anything at all.  Perhaps I'll feel something later or tonight, just really worried.  Thanks for the response!
Im due August 29th!!  Wow we are all very close together.  I feel my baby move quite abit but some days are quiter than others.  The other day I felt no movement all day, and then felt kicking in the eve.  Im a worry wart....Big time!
i can remember it being very sporadic... one day .. i would feel alot.. then... it seemed i would go days without feeling anything at all.. i am sure that if anyone does a search.. they will see that...lol... i am pretty sure that its very sporadic when you are around that time... every baby is different .. i am sure that all is well.. amazing how a tiny little creature can control our every thought!!!
I'm due August 29th too!  We will def. all have to keep in touch for the next few months!
I am due Aug 30th and I hear my little boy move a lot on the doppler monitor.  I sometimes feel flutters but I am a plus size woman.  If he's moving like he does when I listen to him I can only image when I can feel him.  Everyone take care.  Looks like we'll all be in labor around the same time.  Fun Fun.......
Im due August 25th!!! Wow, there are quite a few of us due at the same time!! Im just curious, for all the august mums to be- when were you supposed to have conceived? because i had some confusion with my dates and who the father would be, and im still kind of worried. My first u/s said that i would have concieved around the 2nd of december 06. Is that roughly the same for you ladies? Please let me know!! Thanks!
I was worried about the samd thing just last week at 20 weeks.  I was 21 weeks yesterday and since Monday, my little girl has been really active.  My 3 year old even felt her kick Monday night.  I can actually see my belly move.  It is great.  I wouldn't worry too much.  It was right about the time I neared 21 weeks that she became strong enough to feel a lot more.
I'm 21w3d, due August 19, so you must be in week 20. Regardless, I am feeling LOTS of strong movement now. He is kicking a lot harder and I'm seeing my belly move on the outside. But there are others that don't feel a lot of movement. When I was 19 weeks I went a few days without feeling anything and I was worried so called the OB nurses who said that until about 28 weeks they don't worry if we don't feel regular movement. I'm sure any degree of movement is normal at this point.
I'm actually due 9/3 so I'm just over 19 weeks and feel movement a lot just not everyday but most days and several times a day its getting more pronounced now too...  
i didnt start feeling the baby mvoe at all till 20 weeks, then it was just bubbles occasionally. around 24 weeks it became pretty consistent, she'd move whenever i drank something sweet and lay on the couch. at 20 wks i dont think its expected to be consistent yet.