Aa
A
A
Close
How soon after implantation can you get a BFP?
Hi, Me again, sorry this is the second posting today. I was trying to get this answer on the web, but it seems to be scattered abwers? Some of the sites said 2 weeks after implantation bleeding will you be able to get a BFP an other say 14 DPO? How soon after implantation do you think you can start to think about testing?
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
158812 tn?1189759426
I had implantation bleeding last Tues, and tested positive on Wed. night before bed.  It was 6 days before expected af.
Comment
Cancel
158812 tn?1189759426
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
167 tn?1374177417
I'm not sure when mine implanted, but I got my bfp only 9 days after ovulation. It was in the evening and I had drank lots of water that day. I laughed at myself before taking the dollar tree test, telling myself that not only was it only 9 dpo, but it wasn't fmu and my urine was very diluted. Well, something told me to just take the test and it was positive! Not even faint (: So it can happen early!
Comment
Cancel
167 tn?1374177417
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The site I read said it takes 2 days from the egg actually implanted to get pos. test.  Not ovulation, but implantation which can be anywhere from 5 - 12 days after conception.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Everyone is different.  It is usually safe to test when you miss your period -- you can get a false negative prior to that -- even on the early tests as they only register about 50% of those who are pregnant.

You can also test negative after you miss -- just depends on when you O in your cycle and how quickly your HCG rises.

If you miss your period and get a BFN, then go for a blood test.

Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It takes approximately 48 hours from the time implantation occurs for enough hcg to build up to be detected on an hpt.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I got my BFP 11 days after ovulation.  I'm pretty sure it implanted two days before because I had a BBT dip, which I heard is fairly common.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank