Maternal & Child Community
How soon after implantation can you get a BFP?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi, Me again, sorry this is the second posting today. I was trying to get this answer on the web, but it seems to be scattered abwers? Some of the sites said 2 weeks after implantation bleeding will you be able to get a BFP an other say 14 DPO? How soon after implantation do you think you can start to think about testing?
I had implantation bleeding last Tues, and tested positive on Wed. night before bed.  It was 6 days before expected af.
I'm not sure when mine implanted, but I got my bfp only 9 days after ovulation. It was in the evening and I had drank lots of water that day. I laughed at myself before taking the dollar tree test, telling myself that not only was it only 9 dpo, but it wasn't fmu and my urine was very diluted. Well, something told me to just take the test and it was positive! Not even faint (: So it can happen early!
The site I read said it takes 2 days from the egg actually implanted to get pos. test.  Not ovulation, but implantation which can be anywhere from 5 - 12 days after conception.
Everyone is different.  It is usually safe to test when you miss your period -- you can get a false negative prior to that -- even on the early tests as they only register about 50% of those who are pregnant.

You can also test negative after you miss -- just depends on when you O in your cycle and how quickly your HCG rises.

If you miss your period and get a BFN, then go for a blood test.

Good luck!
It takes approximately 48 hours from the time implantation occurs for enough hcg to build up to be detected on an hpt.
I got my BFP 11 days after ovulation.  I'm pretty sure it implanted two days before because I had a BBT dip, which I heard is fairly common.