Maternal & Child Community
I am being induced in the morning, what to expect?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I went to the dr. this morning and my bp was over 100 on the bottom and I was having some contractions ( I have been on house arrest for bp for about 2 weeks)  So dr. sent me to the hospital to have my contractions monitored and told me that they would probley induce me becasue of bp if my contractions were not regualr.  I was dialated between 2&3 and 70% thinned.  At the hospital my BP was down and my contractions were not regular so the other dr. in the practice came to check on me and told me to come back at 5:00 am and they would induce me.  I had my first DC own my own and I am scared to be induced.  What is that like?  Is labor faster when you are induced?  My first labor was very long.  Thanks to all of you girls for all the help along the way!
I was induced with three out of four of my daughters. It was about the same each time. I would go in and they would break my water first, to see if that would start labor. It never did, so then they started pitocin and also inserted a tablet to ripen the cervix. It started off with cramps and went pretty quick. My labors were about 4 hours each but the contractions were much stronger than the one that I wasn't induced with. It wasn't all that bad. Just think...you will have your baby in your arms probably by this time tomorrow!! I'm jealous! (: Good luck!
Thanks for the comment.  They said they will start the petocin at 5 and then the dr. will come around at 8 and break my water.  I hope it is like a 4 hour labor that would be great!!!!!
First congrats that you will be holding your little baby in your arms very soon!

I have never been induced, but with my second baby I went into labor and 7 hours later it just stopped, so they started me back up with pitocin. I'm assuming that is what they will give you to get your contractions going. For me at least, it was harder than my 1st one with the pitocin. The contractions were more painful, stronger, and closer together. i have heard a lot of women having a harder time with the pitocin, but I have also heard women say that it's not much different.
If you end up getting pain meds or a epedural then it shouldn't make a difference.
But for me, my 3rd delivery was harder and hurt more than my 2nd one and I didn't have any pitocin. So I think it just depends.

I guess I didn't help much....
Again, congrats with your little one and hope you have a fast safe labor and delivery!!
I was induced with my son. They started the pitocin at 8:00am in the morning and I had my son at 11:26am. I only had 3 1/2 hours of real hard labor. I think that being induced does get things going faster but I have only had my son. I am currently pregnant with my next baby. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. I know this sounds really dumb to say right now but think about that beautiful baby that you are going to have in your arms very soon. The pain is worth it in the end. Good luck and I will be thinking about you.

Danielle
I was induced with both of my Children.  First one was in at 6 am broke my water at 8 am and had him at 4:30 in the afternoon.  Second child I was dialated and much farther along so I went in at 7 am and had him at noon.  The second one was a mcuh harder experience because it was so fast and could not keep with the contractions.  Also tore a little more iwth the second one--not sure if it was because he was even bigger or because he got stuck and the had to use forceps to get him.  Just be prepared for the quickness of the contractions and the continuity of them--they don't let up like in regular labor (from what I hear) no experience with going on my own.
yes it can be very scary. they're gonna give you some patocen (i'm not sure if this the correct spelling but its pronounce this way). its gonna make you have contractions and if your water  haven't broke at a certain time, they will take a hook  and will insert it up the vagina to tare a small hole in the water sac until it leaks out. but when i was in labor with my son they gave me the same thing (patocen). I hated it because it will make your contractions come faster and harder. i wanted to cuss them out every time i see them come and turn up the dosage threw my iv. they would have smiles on there faces and%$#^^.  Like how are you doing? !@#43 anywho, you will be fine.
Hey there. I just wanted to say thanks for all the support you gave me over the last year or so. It has really meant a lot to me. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how you and your little baby girl are doing afterwards. Congrats!
You can expect to be asked to arrive in the very early hours.  You'll probably get a Pitocin shot to induce contractions and maybe something to thin your cervix, but it sounds like it's already thinning.  

You will then be closely monitored to check for dilation.  If taking to long, your water bag may be ruptured, where you will begin to have stronger labor pains.

My induced labor lasted about 8 hours.

Don't worry!  It will be over very soon and you will be holding your precious little one soon!
Good luck tomorrow, i hope everything goes okay, i will be thinking of you.  Come back and let us know how it went :)
WOW yalls inductions sound AWESOME LOL Mine is not so AWESOME Lmaoo... My first child in 93.. was induced lasted 26 hrs... 2nd child in 98 lasted 23 hrs (induced)... and my 3rd in "06" I went into labor on my own but slowed thru the ngiht so they put me on the pit.. had him after 29 hrs of labor.. Only the middle child was born vaginally. fits and last were c-sections...Wouldnt have done it any differently (labor wise) I wanted to go as long as I could without any danger to me or the baby
i was induced with this baby. they did prostaglandin gels for a few days, did not start labor.. so i went in, they started pitocin.. 8 hours later, they broke my water.. about 8 more hours later she finally decided it was time to enter the world. i wont scare you with the details but lets say i'd rather have had a couple of root canals. without anesthesia.
im getting induced at 3 today and im pooping it i havent once been told what will happen to me and reading all the comm's on here has rele helped. I hope i have a quick labour as i have heart problems .....bt huge comfort ppl xxx thank u