Maternal & Child Community
I am spotting, can I be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am spotting, can I be pregnant?

I have been using a ovulation monitor which showed the peak LH surge on Jan 1st & 2nd. I did not experience ovulation pain until a few days later. We had sex the entire week since the monitor saw the LH surge. My period is due Jan 16th so I took one of those early pregnancy test 3 days early and it was negative. I had been also checking my cervix which was low a few days ago and now it is back up in the high position. We had sex last night and now I have slight pink spotting when I wipe. Usually if I am getting my period it starts to be brown. I have decided to wait a few days until after my period is due to take another test but could I be pregant. Has anybody had this experience before?
I have not had any experience with spotting but, they say that when you have implantation bleeding right there when your supposed to start your period, it is a pinky red color and not alot of it. Maybe your pregnant, I'll be praying for you. Hope this helped.
those early tests never work for me. After reading on peeonastick.com I know why. sticky baby dust for us all....I'll add you to my prayers.
I had pink spotting when i got pregnant with my daughter, but i never had it with this pregnancy. I would get brown spotting before AF was due, so i knew something was up when it was pink and only when i wiped. With DD i took the Clear Blue Easy 5 days early pregnancy test, it showed up that i was indeed pregnant. If you think you might have ovulated late though, you might want to mabey wait a couple of days or so and then check again.
Some women have had lite spotting while pregnant could be your period starting too(sorry!) Hope for the best, all you can do is wait and take a retest if that ugly af doesnt show up!
Of course none of us can tell you if you're pg or not but I had the same experience as you this past month. DH and I BDed on all the right days after getting a + LH surge on my OPK and 2 days before AF was due I had pink spotting which I've never had in my life and was very excited that it could be implant bleeding. Sadly, af came the following night. I hope your story has a happier ending! Baby dust***********
just wondering if you have found out anything yet. Good luck and let us know.
Thanks to everyone who has written back, this forum is so encouraging. Today I am starting to have a light red flow, so I guess it's here. I'm glad I didn't waste another test stick from my 3 pack of First Response. This is my second marriage and I have a 10 and 13 year old, I will be 36 in a couple weeks, and now I am scared that as I get older it will be harder to get PG. I love the fertility monitor though. I am going to post another topic on eggwhite fluid, I think mine is gone since being on the pill so long. Thanks to everyone. Babydust and prayers to everyone.......
Hi Everyone I am very new to this but thought I would give it a try. I am 26 years old and my husband and have been trying to have a baby for about 3 months now. I was due to get my period yesterday and it hasn't came yet. On Saturday I started getting brown, light pinkish, and now clear spotting. It's not even enough to wear a pantyliner because it's only a few drops here and there. I have been doing a lot of research and have been hearing about this implantation bleeding. Could it be that? I took a pregnancy test on Sunday and it was neg. I have a 6 year old daughter and never had any of that with her. It's driving me crazy, the wait, and just not knowing. I usually have very regular periods. Also we have been using an ovulation kit to help. Any Advice? I AM GOING CRAZY HELP ME.........
Hi every one I am 30 years old and my hubby and I are TTC for about 8 months now. I got spotting 8 days ago just a bit of blood when I wipe does anyone know what this means. I have also been taking my bbt and for 9 days now my bbt is staying high I am just not sure what is going on with me if any one knows Please help
HI MY NAME IS KIERAH...IM 19YRS OLD I REALLY HAVENT BEEN PLANNING NO BABY BUT MY BOYFRIEND HAS....TODAY YESTERDAY MY PERIOD WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE CAME BUT IT DIDNT AND TODAY I STARTED TO SPOTT REAL LIGHT..I DONT KNOW IM KIND OF EXCITED IT HOPE THAT IM PREGNANT...
I realy want to get pregnant. i had an intercourse on the 14 days after my mentruation later foun some spots of bloos during my ovulation. i did a pregnancy test a day after i missed my period and it came negetive. could this be am pregnant or not?
Hi I am 21 years of age and me and my husband have been trying now for 2 years to become a mommy and daddy but so far no luck...(need some baby dust) this year i have only had my monthly twice..Feb & May and just today i started spotting lite pink but only when i wipe...
what can that be... i would be so excited to be pregnant or start my monthly lol
i thought i started my period yesterday morning but later in the evening i had nothing anymore. could it b a sign of implantation bleeding??????
I have always gotten my period on time except for December I skipt my period I took a pregnancy test it was negative. Then on January I got my period but very light. In the begining of February I got my period and again very light. Then last week I started spotting very light pink/brown (not enough to wear a panty liner). Now today I received my period with huge chunks of blood clogs and a lot of cramps.
What could this mean?
I missed my period and I took a test it came back neg but I still havent had it. I saw 2 brownish spots . But have seen them again . Any advice ?
Hello all,

I have been reading all of the above posts and all I can say is that if you are unsure if you are pg and want to know, go to a clinic or your doctor and they will be able to do other tests to see if you are in fact pg.

My dilemma is this.  My husband and I are trying to have our 3rd child and Im not supposed to start for 2 more days but for the past 2 days I have had brownish/reddish spotting.  Nothing today, but I am so impatient and hate waiting I was wondering what you all think.  I didnt have any bleeding or spotting with my last two pregnancies but I know that it isnt uncommon to have a little spotting either.  Any feedback would be great.  Thanks.
I usually have a 28 day cycle.  This month, I began spotting 9 days b4 my period.  The spotting was a couple dots & then led into smeared bright pink.  It stopped after 3 days.  It then started back 1 day b4 period which was yesterday.  Yesterday the doctor's office gave me a stick & blood test both were negative.  Ironically, the lab tech told me she took test right b4 her period that were negative, and it was only after her period was missed, the test showed she was pregnant.  The lab tech is pregnant right now lol & the age 40 which was such a coincidence bc I'm 40.  My period is due today, spotted bright pink this morning & have been completely clear w not a hint of blood for hours.  So it's a waiting game right now.  Anyway, I will let u guys know as soon as I know.  
Hi I am 34 and I am not sure if I am pregnant.....I am10 days late and I have had very mild cramping a lot of discharge and sore breast....I had sex with my boyfriend last night and after wards I started spotting I wore a pad all day thinking I was going to start bleeding....I have 3 kids and I did not have any signs of pregnancy so I don't know what to do I am to scared to take a test
Hi. I just turned 37  and my husband and I are trying to conceive for 4 months now. So, no birth control. My cycles have always been regular. Until my last cycle. My period always last 7 days. This time I am spotting 4 days after my period. Something that has never happened to me before. The first day of spotting was red and the next 3 days brown. I  had 2 mild cramps in my lower abdomen and I feel like I am pregnant. So, I am going to wait a few days to take a test. I have been blessed with 6 beautiful girls. Thanks God. With my 2nd pregnancy. I experienced what to me was my period (7 days) for 2 months after I found out I was pregnant. So, please don't believe what they all say..... You can't have a period and be pregnant. Because I know you can. I don't believe our age will stop us from getting pregnant either. My Moma was 37 when she had my brother and he was healthy. I eat healthy (drink lots of water), take multi- vitamins with iron and exercise. I walk at least 30 minutes a day. Oh and....  

How does Evening Primrose Oil help you in getting pregnant?

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO lowers cholesterol, helps to alleviate premenstrual syndrome symptoms and aids in the production of fertile quality cervical fluid. Evening Primrose Oil or EPO does a world of good in treating aliments of all sorts. Evening Primrose Oil or EPO is an essential fatty acid that contains gamma linolenic acid (GLA). This gamma linolenic acid (GLA) is converted to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin E1 which has anti-inflammatory properties and may also act as a blood thinner and blood vessel dilator. These anti-inflammatory properties of evening primrose oil help people suffering from pains, aches and cramps.

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO also has effects on premenstrual syndrome symptoms and cervical mucus. If you suffer from premenstrual syndrome, it could be because you are deficient in the fatty acid, gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can help your body to alleviate the premenstrual syndrome symptoms by replacing the gamma linolenic acid (GLA).

Evening Primrose Oil or EPO helps women to produce more fertile quality cervical fluid also known as “egg white cervical mucus”. This type of cervical fluid is fertile, thin, watery, clear and “stretchy” and easily aids the sperm to swim through the uterus and into the fallopian tube, and to the egg. Also, this type of fluid helps the sperm to stay alive for up to five days inside the Fallopian tube, thus enabling conception to happen even if you don’t have intercourse again by the time ovulation occurs.

If your cervical fluid is thick, brown or dry, it can obstruct or prevent fertilization. Some women are very dry, and have problems in producing an adequate amount of fertile quality cervical fluid. Drinking a lot of water and taking the Evening Primrose Oil or EPO can certainly help in the production of fertile cervical fluid in these women.

But always check with a doctor, before taking. Also, if you take evening primrose oil. You can find it with the vitamin's, but what it don't say is you should stop taking it before the time of ovulation, because it can cause contraction's and if you was to fall pregnant before that time. It can make you to have a mis- carriage.

Okay, I hope this information helps you or anyone else reading. Take care and best of luck.