Maternal & Child Community
I'm new at taking prometrium
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm new at taking prometrium

I just started to take prometrium today for the first time and my doctor has told me to take the vaginally but i'm not comfortable in doing that. Is it better for me to take them vaginally and if i should take them that way are there any ways of making it easier and not so uncomfortable? Also i have to take 3 tablets twice a day so do i take all 3 at the same time or should i give it some time in between each pill?? If you could help me that would be awesome :D
Tags: Prometrium, taking, help, help me, pills
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Hormones given vaginally are much more direct than hormones taken orally, and as a result, you get a whole lot more prometrium into your system per pill (and that is presumably what he based the dose on).  I usually took any progesterone product vaginally rather than orally, because taking it vaginally didn't give me a headache and taking it orally sure did.  Given that you are taking some in the a.m., wear a mini-pad, so the drips don't drive you crazy.  Talk to the doc about the question of whether you should take three at a time, my guess is that he will say it doesn't matter as long as one group is in the morning and one at night.  There are plunge-type applicators for pills that are made for veterinary purposes, they work sort of like a tampon applicator.  You might check them out if it bugs you to push the pills up in with your thumb.  (Or you might even just put the pills on the end of a tampon that has an applicator, though that seems a bit iffy.  lol)  Good luck, honey.  The end justifies the means.
Blank
Ok thanks a bunch :D This helps me :D
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979