Aa
A
A
Close
Inconsistent periods
Prior to my son being born, you could set your watch by my period- they were so regular, literally almost to the minute.

Since he was born 20 months ago, I am so irregular. I get my period very light on about day 25 for about 2 days then it disappears for a few days and then it will come back heavy for a day or so and then vanish again.

I want to try and get pregnant again. When do you think I should count my first day of my period...I am trying to figure out when I ovulate. I know I can do the temperature thing to figure it out, but I would rather do this first.  Any ideas?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
this happened to me after the birth of my daughter. it's very irritating to think you are all done with your period only to have it show up with a vengence a few days later, isn't it? :o)

my doctor said to count the first day of your cycle as the first day you began bleeding the first time. hope this helps. :o)

Stacie
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My periods STOPPED altogether after baby #1, 12 years ago...  I've managed to have two more since, but they were "natural", meaning we didn't prevent, nor did we seek medical help to find out why I don't have periods or when would be best to try to conceive.

I am TTC #4 right now, and I am on Clomid so that we can more easily regulate when I ovulate...

So I know what you're going thru! :D
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Inconsistent periods
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952