Maternal & Child Community
Inconsistent periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Inconsistent periods

Prior to my son being born, you could set your watch by my period- they were so regular, literally almost to the minute.

Since he was born 20 months ago, I am so irregular. I get my period very light on about day 25 for about 2 days then it disappears for a few days and then it will come back heavy for a day or so and then vanish again.

I want to try and get pregnant again. When do you think I should count my first day of my period...I am trying to figure out when I ovulate. I know I can do the temperature thing to figure it out, but I would rather do this first.  Any ideas?
Avatar n tn
this happened to me after the birth of my daughter. it's very irritating to think you are all done with your period only to have it show up with a vengence a few days later, isn't it? :o)

my doctor said to count the first day of your cycle as the first day you began bleeding the first time. hope this helps. :o)

Stacie
Avatar n tn
My periods STOPPED altogether after baby #1, 12 years ago...  I've managed to have two more since, but they were "natural", meaning we didn't prevent, nor did we seek medical help to find out why I don't have periods or when would be best to try to conceive.

I am TTC #4 right now, and I am on Clomid so that we can more easily regulate when I ovulate...

So I know what you're going thru! :D