Increased Postpartum bleeding 2 weeks after emergency cesarean -- NORMAL?
Hi there! Ok, so this is possibly TMI but I had an emergency cesarean 2 weeks ago and my bleeding had turned brown and scant about a week ago but once I started walking around the house again it has turned bright red again and increased quite a bit.... I also have had some clots. My midwife said I need to take it easy, but I honestly don't know what I can cut back on! We only have one bathroom on the second floor so possibly it is doing the stairs multiple times a day that is contributing to this? Should I be worried? Or is this normal? I did lose quite a bit of blood due to the placental abruption that precipitated the emergency section so I am a little bit worried....
yes the brownish blood is normal its what we call old blood. you said that you have been moving around more well by doing you will start to blood again. when you move around you are using your stomach mucules therefore pushing out more blood. dont lift anything heavier than 10pds for a while try to stay upstairs as much as possible but if you need to use get a pillow holding your belly and sit down go up and down this way using your legs instead of your stomach . hope this was hepful.