Maternal & Child Community
Just miscarried and Already Pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just miscarried and Already Pregnant

I just recently miscarried on October 6, 2005. I have been getting the blood work done to make sure my lvls have been going back down.. Well, I was 8 weekes when I miscarried.. I of course passes all of that no DNC needed. but now they are saying I am already 2 weeks pregnant again. but again I think I got pregnant to fast (( was an accident )) and now I have minor spotting. So, back for more test yesterday and I have an ultrasound sceduled for Thursday.. What do you guys think?? Any one heard of this?
I got pregnant 2 weeks after a miscarriage. I have heard you are more fertile..... I am now due to give birth any day! Getting pregnant right away does not mean you have a higher chance of miscarrying again. But they will not be able to tell anything on ultrasound if you are that early.
if you are only 2 weeks pg
they are not gonna see anything on ultrasound
good luck
Hi there--I am in the same situation.  I m/c'd around 9/22 and found out I was pregnant about 10/22.  We were also 'not trying' because we were told to wait one cycle before trying.  We only had one time where we had unprotected sex, but obviously that was all it took.  I  was very scared when I saw that HPT turn faintly positive.  I knew I probably had to be pregnant because I had taken a HPT to see if my HCG level would show up on a test a few weeks after my m/c.  I got a  negative HPT on 10/8 and had my blood HCG levels drawn on 10/10.  It was at 12.  Took a HPT on 10/21 and it was faintly positive.  Had blood drawn on 10/25 and HCG level was 633.  So, it was confirmed I was pregnant.  2 days later my HCG was 1700 and they checked my progesterone which was low at 13.8 so they put me on progesterone supplement.  I hope it helps.  I also did not have to have a D&C but miscarried naturally at about 8 weeks (although I only had a gestational sac that measure about 4-5 weeks--possible blighted ovum).  I am praying for a healthy pregnancy.  I am trying not to get too excited though.  It is very hard.  Please let me know how you are doing!
when i had my m/c on july 1st, i was pregnant again by the end of that same month and carried to term.
WOW makes me think I have some great luck on getting pg again right away.  I miscarried on 10/23 and we are back ttc again.  CONGRATS all!
This definetly can happen mrsc2005 is PREGNANT again!!!!!   I am scared I just found out. I don't plan to do nothing but take folic acid, and vitamins, and COMPLETY relax!
i honestly cant say whether things will be okay to get preg so soon after a miscarry. but i found out i was a month preg in january 2005.this is my first pregnancy. i was just about three months when i started spotting and cramping and found out i had actually miscarried at 6 weeks along. so i had to have a D&C done. i was told to wait to have at least 3 periods before trying again which we did. and as soon as we started trying again i got preg. i am now 5 months and everything is fine. at first i was nervous about it happening again and was not keeping my hopes up or trying not to get too excited about it just yet. but everything is going very well for me and just found out its going to be a boy. a friend of mine had a miscarriage as well and got pregnant again an hour later..lol..not really but it was fast. and she had a normal and succesful pregnancy. hope everything works out for all of you i know its hard trust me.
That is sooo exciting! I just had a miscarriage Oct 25th. My husband and I want to try again asap. Since I was only about 2-3 weeks pregnant, they said we can start right away. From what I read most women that get pregnant right after a miscarraige (miscarriage) carry to full term. Gosh i cannot wait now! I will keep everyone updated to see if the little baby fairy comes this month
:)
how soon can you get pregnant after a dnc or how long should you wait?
HI,
I am 36 (I feel 25 )just had m/c at 5 and a half weeks. I do not have any health problems..(maybe slightly mental now)I have been reading tons of stuff on the internet and still cant figure out if you women are being blessed again so soon after m/c when did you ovulate after m/c? Also if you are PG that soon, how soon did you get back in the game? We are 1 day post m/c and have already ML and all is past. Is it so true that after us trying for 1.5 years that we could have a greater possibility of conception so soon after m/c? I also had HSG done in FEB. I dont think that had any effect on this. I think it was just chance. My hb says it will fall into place. I am not as patient. Strangely I had actually gave up on getting PG and did not even think about it for the last 2 months.. when I found out I was PG and exactly 1 week later had m/c. Very sad but hopeful..
With my first pregnancy I m/c at 6 weeks. A few weeks later I got pregnant again. I bled for about 2 weeks after my m/c and a few days after I stopped bleeding, during which my husband and I had sex, I started bleeding again. I went in a few weeks later and they thought I was still m/c. They tried a d&c with medication and that didn't work. They scheduled me for a surgical d&c and when I went in they ran my blood work again and we found out I was five weeks pregnant. The doctor said that the reason I had started bleeding again was from implantation bleeding. He told us that the reason we got pregnant again so fast was because after a delivery or m/c your hormone level in your body is so high that your body is more favorable/accepting of another pregnancy and you're more fertile. Everything went fine with that pregnancy and my son is now 23 months old. I am pregnant again with my second child. Don't discount miracles and think positive! Good luck!
HI thanks for your response.
I mc at 5 weeks and bled for a little under 2 days. My HCG was at 127 on the day of m/c. WE BD the day of and the day after. I used opk on day 2 and 3 was neg. And on day 4 was +. Now 8 days post m/c my opk is neg and breasts very tender. Whats up with that??? I never even had tender breast when PG.

So do you think that you got PG within the week of MC?
Ann
Very similar situation with me, m/c on 9/23/05 pregnant again now.  First hcg test showed 3475 second 5004, not doubling as supposed to, so doctor is concerned. I have tender breast, frequent urination, swollen belly (this is my third pg).  I have a healthy 4 year old son with NO problems during my first pregnancy.  I have an u/s tomorrow and am hoping to see a fetus with a healthy heartbeat.
I hope you see a heart beat.  Let us know.

I had my first u/s on tuesday.  I am six weeks along but the sac is only measuring 5 weeks.  We saw something that could have been a fetus but it was sooo small.  No hearbeat could be seen.  The dr said that if I am only 5 weeks then it is not abnormal to not see a fetus or heartbeat.  Anyway, I am really really worried.  I want this baby so much.  We go back next Wed (day before Thanksgiving) for another test.  If it hasn't grown, then I either had a missed miscarriage or a blighted ovum sometime.  we got pg with IUI so I am hoping my dr will allow us to get IUI as soon as the miscarriage is over (if that is what it is).  Otherwise we'll try naturally until the next month.  Although we haven't had any luck doing it the natural way.

Hugs!
Well,
That would be so awesome...

I have started to feel the sore bbs since the thursday after the m/c and still now. Then I get like a weird pain in my bbs. Cant say that I ever felt that before. I also think its really odd about the opk. I keep getting +opk. Yet I had an xtra HPT and it was of course -. Obviously to soon. But I will test next weekend for sure. So we BD the day of and after and also on the 6,7,8. Last week I had pains in both sides and monday in my lower abdomen.

DId your doctor really say that you conceived that soon after m.c? I thought it was at least 6 days min to ov. I am so confused.
I believe I got pregnant either the week I m/c or the week after. I think it's very possible that you're pregnant. My breasts were very tender right away and that was a clue for me. Good luck on finding out.
Hi! I'm 32 years old. I had m/c last year Sept 2004, babay was about 9wks/2days. I got pregnant a year later, that's Sept. 2005 and had m/c on the 16th October 2005, baby was 5.5 wks. Didn't have d&c as baby was still small but the doctor checked and my uterus was clean and had transvaginal ultrasound on the 21st of October 2005 to make sure it was clean... My body went back to normal - no breast soreness, morning sickness, pulse went back to normal... I was expecting my period between the 13-15th of Nov. 2005 but didn't have - had all the pregnancy signs again. I waited until the 18th of November 2005 and bought pregnancy tests and it was positive (did tests 2X). Went OB-Gyne and had all the test to check why I miscarried twice - Blood, urine no signs of diabetes etc.. everything si normal. She advice me to take duphaston (dydrogesterone) so I'll have healthy uterine lining and help avoid m/c. I went to the hospital and sent urine samples and they tested positive. I have a transvaginal ultrasound next week 5th Dec. 2005 for fetal ageing (aging) and viability. Hope everything's fine as this is my 3rd pregnancy. I am scared... I don't know if I'd believe that I am pregnant again...

Goodluck to everyone!!!

Goodluck to everyone!!!
Hi...well i fouind out i was pregnant feb 14th 2010, had did a hpt came bak positive.... on tuesday i started spotting then it went to bleeding But not like a period... anyways i went to the doc on weds they did a vaginal sonogram and couldn't find nothing,,,,,,so i had blood test done hgc level then went bak the next day did another one it had dropped so she said i had miscarriage i did have slight craps and few very small blood clots,,, then on march the 13 did a home pregnancy test was neg.. but my boobs were very sore,,, so i waited til monday 15th  and did the other hpt and it was positive... so i am trying to figure out when this baby was concieved?? i did have sex on feb 22nd that monday when i was told my hgc level was bak to 0 ....