Maternal & Child Community
Just wondering...what do you think???????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Just wondering...what do you think???????

Hi. I am expecting in April a baby girl..LOL.
I have brown eyes, dark brown hair, olive skin color. My mom has light hazel eyes, almost green with olive color skin, so does my brother. My dad has dark hair, brown eyes a little darker olive skin color. My DH has blond hair, green eyes, his mom has green eyes, his sister has green eyes, his father has blue eyes.
What is the chance that my little girl will have green eyes?
Our two boys have fairly light skin, light brown hair, and brown eyes.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i would say a great chance of having light eyes....even though brown eyes are supposed to be dominiate.

my sons father has brown eyes and black hair.....so do all of his family member (but his mom) same for my family. i have hazel eyes. my son has them too even though they look blue on most days
Blank
My sister has brown eye,  dark hair, Her boyfriend has the same but with darker skin tone. There baby girl has lite colored hair, skin and her eyes are green/blue! No one on her BF side has lite colored anything. Me, my youngest sister and my Dad are the only ones with lite colored eye's and hair....

Blank
182926_tn?1273015992
well you know nobody can tell.. I have brown eyes my husband has green eyes.  my mom has brown eyes and his parents have green eyes,  My 1 year old has the bluest eyes you've ever seem.  We must get comments on them 15x a day..  they are piercing..  My dad is the only one in the family with blue eyes and even his are not as blue as my sons..  luck of the draw
Blank
165078_tn?1255610007
I am light with Green eyes and so is my mom - my dad has blue eyes and my sister is a little darker with green eyes, My Fiance has green eyes and is light and his mom has blue eyes, his dad has brown eyes and all his neices and nephews have Blue Eyes.

I through for sure I would have a bald, pale blue or green eyed baby and I gave birth to this dark complected and dark haired (tons of hair) baby.  Italian looking (like my grandmother BUT her eyes turned brown like her dad's father.

She looks nothing at all like me or her father she looks like her dad's dad.  Brown eyes I still cant believe it.  Beautiful Huge Brown eyes.
Blank
I have dark hair and eyes and so did the father of my other two kids. They are both blonde with green eyes. WHo knows how these things happen most of the time.

Well I mean we KNOW - genetics - ha ha but really its often so random.

My husband is Arabic so our little 1 month old should have dark hair and eyes!
Blank
210400_tn?1325384170
I think that she may follow in the other kids footsteps...

I have 4 children (I'm blond with dark brown eyes, my husband has black hair and green eyes). All of our children are blond; 1 has blue-green eyes, 2 have hazel, 1 dark brown...so it's hard to guess. Good luck.
Blank
148691_tn?1260198503
It's really hard to tell... my family ALL have brown or black eyes... dark hair. Only my one greatgrandfather had green eyes and one cousin of mine has green eyes....
My dh's family are ALL  blue eyed! he's got the most amazing eyes! they are blue with gray, no brown what so ever! and are HUGE and sleepy...
Maddie has a little bit of both... I was hoping she'd get daddy's eye color. She didn't, but instead, she got his same shape of eyes... they are huge and sleepy... and light brown... but, around the iris, there is gray/greenish... they are so rare! is like the brown turns into gray in the edges!
Now mine are just plain boring black... urgh =P

Also, she has my black hair, but daddy's fair skin. She's got my lips and nose, but daddy's round face. She's got my eye color (somewhat) but daddy's shape... and daddy's (evil) eyebrows! lol ;)

Babies born to two totally different people are so cute!!! =)) hehehe
Blank
554628_tn?1362781519
well no one can really tell but i'm gonna say light eyes and as kim said even though browns dominent doesn't mean she'll have brown eyes, all of my dads kids have blue eyes, after the mother, except for one of my brothers has brown eyes like my dad. so you never know lol
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank