Maternal & Child Community
Kicked in stomach bad at 24 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Kicked in stomach bad at 24 weeks

I am just wondering for my DF's peace of mind.....
I was changing my 2 1/2 year old son's diaper last night, when he kicked my stomach so hard, that it made me cry and I had some pain. My DF is worried about the baby in there. I feel ok today, I told him I'm sure she's well padded in there, I think my son kicked my insides, and it hurt me more. Has this happened to anyone else? Or any thoughts would be comforting. I have a doctor's appt. today, so I'll probely end up asking her too.
Thank you all :) Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Sorry,  I don't know.  My big Yellow Lab jumped on me when I was further along.....and it hurt but it quickly went away...the pain was brief....if you are still in pain...ask the dr.

All was well with me....except I wasn't allowed to walk my dog the rest of my pregnancy....LOL
I have a 2 1/2 year old too and have experienced similar things. I am 37 weeks and everything seems to be going just fine.
That's scary! I don't have an answer for you as far as being kicked, but I had a situation a few weeks ago that "sort of" relates.
I was pushing a buggy (that's a shopping cart for all your northerners ;-) at Target one day, and was trying to make room for someone coming in the other direction. Well, I couldn't see the floor in front of my buggy, and as I was pushing along, all of a sudden my buggy hit something, which made the handle hit my belly VERY hard. It practically knocked the breath out of me! As I pulled back, I saw an empty shopping "basket" sitting in the floor, right near the endcap where I was pushing my buggy. So, I hit the basket, which of course hit the endcap, and caused me to be hit in the stomach.

It hurt for about 5 minutes, then the pain went away. So I figure everything was fine. The baby's heartbeat was great during my last checkup as well...so I think they ARE pretty well padded in there!

I'm sure you're fine, but it won't hurt to ask the dr...just to be on the safe sidr.
I think you will probably be ok and baby too.  Troy kicks me ALL NITE long.  It does hurt for a minute but goes away.  He has never really kicked me HARD tho.  He does throw a fit when I change his pull-up tho.  I hope everything is ok.  Let me know!!!
Whenever you have any sort of abdominal trauma you should go to the doctors as soon as possible.  Even if you don't think anything is wrong you never know and you should be checked out to make sure you don't have an abruption of any sort.  That is what I was told to do by my hospital.
Well, I am back from my 24 week check-up! The Doctor was glad I told her about the kick to my stomach, she asked if I had cramping afterwards or still now, I said no, then she wanted to know if there was any bleeding, nope! So, we heard my baby girl's HB and it was great, she was being stubborn again and moving away from the doppler. We were laughing, and the DR. said soon she'll have no room and I'll get her then, lol! The DR. said it sounds good and everything is fine. I'm so relieved!!! She said if this happens again to go straight to labor and delivery to get checked out. Thank you all for your input and thoughts, your all wonderful!

Love you lots :)
Thank you all, I feel her moving right now and she's kicking away like normal! I'm sure I'm fine!!! I will mention it to my DR. today, my appt. is at 11:00. Thanks for you support!!! :)
Babies are padded really good in their but I would definately mention it to your Dr.   Please let us know how your appointment goes.
this happens to me more often than I'd like.  I have a 20 month old ds and I get kicked in the belly almost once a week.  No matter how cautious you try to be, there's not a whole lot you can do to get out of taking care of your toddler :) and things like that will happen.  If baby's heartbeat and everything are fine then I'm sure no damage was done.  But if you continue having pain you should call your dr just in case.
Yeah, I agree..You should be fine.  I fell a couple of times during my pregnancy and DD turned out ok :))) Ask you dr if you're concerned and please, please be careful!!
I am 16 weeks pregnant and woke up and found my pj was wet between my legs could that be that my water broke?