Maternal & Child Community
LIGHT CRAMPING & LIGHT - HEAVY BLEEDING...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi, I found out I was pregnant about a week and a half ago. I took two home pregnancy tests, both very positive and then I went to my clinic and got a urine and that was very positive. They estimated me at about 5 weeks, but I think that my dates for my period were wrong - so I'm guessing I'm about 3-4 weeks now. Thursday afternoon I started bleeding, very lightly. Then that day, it continued to be light, with no cramping. The next morning there was hardly anything there, but it was still brown. Later in the day I began to get cramps, not as bad as my normal cramps, just enough to scare me though. It's Saturday morning and the cramps are gone and the blood is still brown. I'm nervous I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) but I feel as though I'm still pregnant. I had an appointment on Thursday and got my blood taken, I have to wait until Monday for those results and get more blood taken on Monday and wait until Wednesday to find out. If I did miscarry, how long do you have to wait to try to have a child again? I'm only 19 years old and my mother's had all normal pregnancy's. I just have no idea what's going on and it kind of stinks that I have to wait but they probably wouldn't be able to find anything on an ultra sound anyways? Well, any answers will be very helpful. Thank you !
Hey! I kind of am going through your situation! I found out I was pregnant on the 1st of April. Well, On the 4th I started to bleed. It was only brownish redish like you said yours is! I was still worried so I went to the ER. I had been having cramps before but didn't think anything of it because I know that when the baby implants itself in your uterus you can cramp. Also, When your ligaments start stretching you can cramp.

They took a blood test and my levels were only 10. Which shows I'm very early on. I have never been a good tracker of my periods. Well, The ER doctors told me to try and stay off my feet as much as possible. I go in every 2 days for blood tests. So far so good! I have stopped bleeding but still experiencing a little cramping!

Well on the 6th I started to bleed heavier and it was bright red. I went back into the ER and My levels only rose 3. Wasn't a good sign because your levels should double every 2 days! Well, I was told to continue to stay off my feet as much as possible and come back on Tuesday! I went back for another blood test on Tuesday and my levels more the doubled. I think all the laying around and not walking as much as I could helped! So, Try to stay off your feet as much as possible! Also, NO SEX.

Were you on BC before you found out you were pregnant? If so that can cause light bleeding and some cramping as well.

You will not be able to get an ultrasound until your hcg levels reach the 1000's. So, Depending on how far along you are you might have to wait awhile. I'm still waiting for my levels to reach the 1000's.

Why do you have to wait so long for the results? When I went in the first time to get my blood drawn I was told it could take 48 hours. Well, I found out that they test the blood within 3 hours and it just takes the nurses a long time to call you! So, I know now that it is a weekend you can't call. But, Monday when you go in to get your blood drawn go home and wait 3 hours or so and give them a call. They should be able to put a nurse on the phone and give you results. If they are anything like here anyways!

I'm with you on going every 2 days to get blood drawn. It sucks. HaHa. I have bruises all over my arm.

If you do MC I'm not sure how long it will take for you to try again! I'd ask your doctor. But, Try and think positive right now! Get this hole MC thing off your mind! Pray a lot and rest a lot. Thats what I've been doing and it's been working for me! My levels are more then doubling like they should!

Oh. If you haven't passed any tissue then you may have not had a MC. The brown blood is just old blood! So, Until you start bleeding bright red and so heavy to where you have to change a pad/tampon every hour I wouldn't worry to much!

I wish you luck and I hope this baby is fine!!! Your in my prayers!
sounds like you are just having implantation bleeding and cramping...very normal.  
Early pregnancy bleeding actually occurs in a lot of pregnancies. Whenever there is bleeding they give the pregnancy a 50-50 chance of continuing. The fact that the blood is brown means that it is old blood. I started bleeding bright red worse than a period when I was 5 weeks along and it continued almost everyday until week 10. What happened was that the sac had detached a little from uterine lining and that was causing all the bleeding. My daughter is now 3 1/2 months old.

Now if you do end up miscarrying you can start trying as soon as you feel ready unless a doctor gives you a medical reason for waiting.

Best of luck I hope it sticks for you!
I was bleeding so bad if i stood up blood would pour down my legs.It wasnt even a partial abruption.Sometimes these things just happen.I am 36 week now with a healthy girl!