LONG luteal phase?
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of having TOO long of a luteal phase? I tend to ovulate around day 10 (starting to see signs of it already) and then I have about 20 days of a luteal phase before AF. Does anyone know if this hinders TTC?

Thanks.
From what I understand, a short luetal phase can be problematic.  I've never heard of a problem with a long luetal phase.  Is it always 20 days?  If it's consistant, that's good too.
How do you know that your luteal phase is that long?  Do you BBT?
Are you sure you're Oing on CD10? If so, how do you know? Are you charting BBT and/or using OPKs? I think a normal LP can be anywhere from 11-16 days long. 20 days seems long but usually the problem arises when ttc in having a short LP. Ask your doctor for some more answers but if you're not charting bbt or using opks, I would start because your cycle length is a normal 30 days and doesn't seem like cause for concern.
I have been temping and using OPK's - so that's how I know it is long.  Two months ago it wasn't that long, but for some reason I got AF 7 days early too.
You are over the average, but if it is consisent I would think it is OK.  I really don't see a way to shorten it.  You can ask your doctor.  It doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but I'm only going by my own opinion.  I wouldn't be concerned about it if it were me.
This is an old post, but I NORMALLY have a very long LP between 16-18 days LONG!   Last month my RE had me do a CCCT & this month I did nothing, except I took 1000mg of EPO & I always take a B6,B12 & folic supp.  Anyways, this month I began to spot dark dark blood late on 8DPO, & bled lightly on 9DPO like a light peroid.  Today is 10DPO & it's very little, but my regular ob told me to begin prog. so I did yesterday.
He called me today & left me a message saying that my 7DPO came back super low, it has NEVER been this low...just under 4 ;(  So maybe thats why I began to bleed?  At frist I thought it was implantation bleeding.  This is very strange!
Why would it change SOOO drastically, literally overnight???  I am 40, but I have NEVER had anything like this, always super regular.
Any thoughts???