Maternal & Child Community
Late period but little symptoms...could my girlfriend be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My girlfriend was a late starter with her period, starting about 2 years ago. It's not regular I know I can say that for sure. Her last was on July 16th, and I was hoping that she only skipped her last period and it will come tomorrow.

Between August 16th and now we've had barely any sex.
Because we were worried on the 16th August we took a test then...3 days later, around the 27th August and Today, 15h September. All showed negative. She has had no nausea, headaches cramps or anything like that.

The reason we are worried is because we did have unprotected sex, late period and she informed me a few days ago about a small amount of blood and since then the white stuff (I have clue when it comes to this stuff!)

My plan is to see if she gets it by friday, if not we'll have to book doctors appointment and ask for blood test (my girlfriend is currently adament not to have this)

I was wondering what the probability is that she's pregnant? And if she isn't what could be the reason of her missing two periods? (Last month she did have important exam results although this month she should be fine...)

Thanks for any help
If ya'll are having sex, protected or not, there is ALWAYS the possibility. Get a blood test done. I'm not even gonna ask why she won't or doesn't want to have it done.
As for her periods.........I really can't help you. There are lots and lots of different reasons that a period could be off. She should talk to her GYN about it. He can tell her much more than anyone else.
I have a question if someone could please help me.  I have heard people talking about some type of pregnacy pops used for m/s.  I was wondering what the actual name of them is and where I could find them.  Right now I am only okay for about 2 hours per day and that is when I try to eat.

I have two boys at home and it is really hard to get them ready for school and thier activities done when I can barley get up.  I am lucky I work in an office so I can sit down, but even that is starting to get uncomfortable.  

Any tips would be great.
If she only began her first period 2 years ago, she may just not be regular yet. There are soooo many things that can lead to irregular periods. I am not trying to ease your fears because if you are having unprotected sex then pregnancy is bound to end up happening if it hasn't already. Try to get her to the doctor so she discuss her situation in full and have the appropriate tests/exams. Good luck to you.
They are called preggie pops...You can buy them at Babies R Us and I know they have them other places if you search them on the internet they will give you a list of places to purchase them.
I have heard of them and they are called preggie pops. And you can go to http://www.preggiepop.com/preg/ and use the store locator to find them near you or maybe you can even order them online.
Anytime a preiod (period) is missed and an HPT comes out negative, she should be seen by her OB. There are many reasons why a woman would miss her period and most of them are not good. It's one thing to be irregular, but to miss periods altogether is a problem she should definitly discuss with a doctor. As for the fear of needles thing, if girlfriend IS pregnant, she needs to get over that pronto! :)
Well I know there's not a big difference but Iwithdrew every time and the odd time did wear a condom. I think she has an irrational fear of needles, Will have to convince her to go and give support.
Out of curiosity what's the highest number of periods missed but turned out not to be pregnant? I'd hate to worry all that time!

Sorry! We posted at the same time! LOL!
Thank you.  I am miserable being this sick.  I was sick with both my ds, but now with two boys and working full time I think that is adding to the sickness because I am unable to rest as much as I would like.
I am experiencing the same thing! When I was pregnant with my daughter I was able to rest when ever but beint pregnant and caring for my little girl I am wiped out and don't get the opportunity to rest...I work full time also so when I get home I want to enjoy my daughter and then there's house hold duties...This pregnancy is kicking my butt....I do notice when I get over tired I start to feel sick and that's when I tell hubby I have to lay down a minute or I am going to be hugging the porcelin god! I hear you though...plus you have two boys at home I only have one child. good luck...how far are you and do you know the sex of this child?