Maternal & Child Community
Lets share funny baby, toddler, and children stories!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I thought I would start a light hearted forum. I am sure we all have funny stories to share about our children ( or husbands if you prefer) I will start then:

When my oldest was three we were all in church on day. We were at a point during mass where we suppose to be praying. He asked me if he could go to the bathroom I asked him if he could wait a couple minutes mass was almost over. A moment passed he then decided to share with me and the whole parish that he had to go then because he had been constipated, he said this in a very load three year old voice. All I could do was laugh.

Just the other day my youngest and I were sitting on the couch talking he asked me if he could feel the baby move I said sure he then placed his hand on my belly and then informed me that the baby had spoken to him. I naturally asked what did the baby say? He said ruff, ruff, ruff.

Samantha
That is hilarious, my children think it looks like an alien when the baby moves, my DS (12) thinks its gross. Haha.

Funny toddler story:

My son was nearly two before being baptized, all day in his good clothes and hair neatly brushed (a challenge b/c he has extremely curly hair, impossible to tame).  Kept trying to touch his hair and I kept telling him no, he would mess it up.  When we got to the church and the priest went to sprinkle the water on his head he slapped the priests hand away then looked at me and smiled.  So proud he didn't let anyone else mess up his hair.  The entire congregation burst into laughter and I had to explain to the minister why he was sooo protective (with a red face mind you).  Kids!!!!
Well my daughter is 3 and let me tell you smart as a whip. My mother-in-law had my daughter for a few weeks. We are military so they don't get to see my kids as much as they would like to. Well my daughter is aware that women have periods. Mind you my mother-in-law has never raised a girl but 2 boys. My daughter come walking out of the bathroom and said NANA I STARTED MY PERIOD!!!! Nana not knowing what to say said let me see. So chrissy showed her. Nana said that it looked like blood, well moms at that age there are only a few things that can cause this. Nana asked chrissy is that really blood, she said yes nana it is. Nana said well i have to check you, she checked her no signs of anything bad. She said chrissy i will ask you one more time, she said show me how you did this, she showed her nana what a brown marker lightly touched to a tissue could create something that looked like blood. She was relieved that it wasn't blood but astonished that a 3 year old could do that.

My son who just turned 2 is a silly kid. He had just got out of the tub, we figured since his sister was in the tub that we would let him run around nude for a few. Well I left the room and dear old daddy was suppose to be watching him. Well of course daddy left the room. Well mr. aj was standing in the middle of the floor holding his toy so to speak, and was peeing on my floor. I backed up trying not to laugh. I came in there and said Aj what is that. He said " OH GOD" then he pointed at his pee and said " I sorry" then comenced to say " Butt" I have no clue why. So i got a dirty towel and cleaned it up, so we decided it wasn't a good idea to let him run around nude.
Robin your  3 year old knows what a period is?  EEKK  
I know Im old fashioned I was scared to tell my 10 yr old.
They grow up too fast!!!
Those are all soooooooooo funny...heres one~

My 4,almost 5 yr old dd and I were  at a store last week with my 2 month old.We were in line and abby starts to cry...lindsey says,really loud "mom,i think she wants your boobies"...[breastfeeding]...i wanted to die...because of course we were in line with all men...lol
I just loved your stories! Totally made my day!
Funny/bittersweet story: I am 27 weeks, and have a 19 month old girl at home. We are trying to get her used to the idea that there is another baby coming, so the other day, we were hanging out, and I asked her "where's Mommy's baby" (and kind of rubbing my belly at the same time.  Get this-she pointed to herself. My heart just about broke. I replied with "yes, honey, that's right" (ouch). Now I ask her where Mommy's tiny baby is, and she rubs my belly.
She's right-she'll always be my baby!
Now-on to more funny stories!:)
Those are good but I think Clevelandlady has my vote.  I love the "boobies" thing.  I was cracking up.  I can relate being a breastfeeding mom myself.  We call mine "the hoot".  That is hilarious.  Cinnamon my 6 yr old knows about periods as well.  I am very open with her about what is going to happen to her body.  Once I was on mine and she wanted to wear a pad and be like mommy so I gave her a panty liner to put on.  She thought it was the coolest.  I said enjoy it now because in a few years you are going to HATE it.  Kids there is NEVER a dull moment.  You gotta love em' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 3 year old had a UTI (she was not yet 3 at the time).  She kept telling me her butt hurt.  WE went in to the dr. office at an urgent care since her ped office was closed. I was pregnant with sciatica and had complained a few times to my hubby that my butt hurt.  So we were sitting in the waiting room and my daughter says loudly (waiting rooom FULL of people) "Is the doctor gonna check our butts?"  I said "No, honey, he's going to check your butt"  Daughter:  "Why isn't he going to check your butt?"  Me:  "Well, my butt doesn't hurt."  Daughter:  "Yes it does.  You keep telling Daddy it hurts."  Me:  MORTIFIED!

Another day driving in the car, I'm holding 2 coffees (hubby's and mine) and hubby is driving.  Daughter (age 2 at the time) says "Mommy give me five."  I said "I can't honey.  I don't have any hands."  Daughter (thinks I said I don't have any pants) and asks, "Why not?"  I jokingly tell her (still thinking we are talking about HANDS), "Daddy must have taken them off".  Daughter:  "WHy did daddy take your pants off in the car?"

And the bittersweet story:  At age 3, we were trying to get her back to sleeping in her own bed.  I told her she had to go night night in her own bed...that mommy sleeps in her bed, daddy sleeps in his bed, and the baby sleeps in her crib, so Haylea had to sleep in her own bed too.  She asks with tears in her eyes and the most pitiful voice ever, "Then why do you and daddy have a middle for me?"  The floodgates opened on that one.
At my baby shower my friend said to my DS "how old are you now?".
He replied "6, I'm practically a teenager".
My oldest dd used to pretend she had her period too when she was younger,till she actually got hers at 10 [yes,10 yrs old,can you believe that?].Now,she dreads them..I can always tell when she's on them...she'll walk around the house muttering "eve just had to bite that apple...she just HAD too"...lol
she has walked in on me, so i layed it out in simple terms for her to understand. She aske me I put it to her simple. If you ask her she will say its from an unfertilized egg that sheds with the stuff that the baby was suppose to use for cushioning.
I can't argue with that.
How funny!!!!!!!  I too curse Eve when I am on my period.  I am wondering when it is going to return.  I have had 2 periods since July of 03.  I am NOT complaining.
Im am old fashioned. maybe to old ....
Im like 3  eek!
I told my ten yr old  basically what its about (dont think she was too interested)
GOD how am I ever going to talk about SEX,  They know roughly about it but I mean the actual  Penis in the vagina thing!!!!

God Im almost scared myself.........lol.......
Wow...those are pretty funny! Well here's mine...:

Well me and my only child Felicia Kaye, were in the car driving to Mcdonalds because her Daddy wanted a burger from there. Well we were in the drive through, and you all know how the speaker things (talk) to you, actually being a person inside of the building, well they said "Hello I'm such and such, how may I help you?" and as soon as they said that Felicia Kaye started screaming..."MONSTER MONSTER MONSTER!!!!" and then i asked her where, and she said "No mommy I'm not talking to you because you talked to the monster!" and she rolled her little eyes, and gave me the cold shoulder. Haha...let's here some more..