Loosing mucous plug and spotting-- Do I need to go to hospital?
Hi...Hope all of you ladues are doing wonderful.I am nearing my EDD and 39 weeks as of today with EDD Jan 12.Have a question for you guys.

I started loosing my mucous plug yesterday in the evening.(It is Jan 05 9pm here)There was blood clot in it when I found it two times yesterday, today morning too I lost a chunk of it but only with blood streaks.Had called my Obg to check about it, she asked me to go to the hospital only if there are contractions or the water is broken, none of which has happned till now.
This evening I found I am spotting a bit, very light.
Can you ladies tell me if I should go to the hospital or wait for any more developments?
Thnx for responces.  Take care.
it's possible to loose your plug a long time before going into labor.  I wouldnt go in until you are actually in labor.  Without contractions or your water breaking, there's not much to do.
Bloody show is a good sign that labor is near! Good luck!!!
Yes, the bloody show will be a bigger indication than just spotting.  You will know because it will be like nothing you have seen in along time.  Also try and wait till contractions are coming on--for you don't want to be at the hospital for nothing--stay home and be comfortable.
The spotting would concern me.  I lost my mucus plug 3 days before I went into labor
I don't know what bloody show means...never had it, never seen it but everything sounds like you are about to have a baby soon!

Congrats....good luck!  God Bless
Thanx a lot for all the advises and wishes. Think will wait up till tomorrow to see what happens. Only if the spotting increases or persists, will give a call to the hospital.

Yes, I am eager to have the lil one in my arms sooooon... :)

Take care U all.
You may have quite a bit of bloody show prior to actual contractions starting. Def sounds like it will begin shortly though.
Almost over!!!  Soon you will get to see your peanut.  I agree with above posters, don't head in until your water breaks or contractions are 5 minutes apart.

I pray you have an EASY labour two pushes to deliver, no stitches and a perfect baby.
Good luck to you and the baby!!  May you have a short and easy labor :)
id be worried about the spotting though you should get checked by your doctor its normal to lose your plug a while befor labor sometimes its normal to spot aswell but sometimes its not so for the sake of your little one just ask your doctor i am sure everything is fine goodluck to you.
experience im a midwife