Maternal & Child Community
Loss of a child?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Loss of a child?

Has anyone lost a newborn?
I lost my son at 10 months. The hardest thing I will ever have to go through.
Chantal21....i as wondering what you lost your son from? I am so sorry to hear about this..I have a 1 month old and could not imagine losing him.
@cherylsangel, My son, Jesse, had a rare liver disease called Biliary Atresia. He just passed away Aug. 1, 2010. It was so sudden. He just needed a liver transplant and someone in our family was going to donate a piece of their liver for him, but it wasn't in time. I struggle everyday, but I do have another son who is 2 1/2 who keeps me going.
We set up a foundation for Jesse. If you visit babyjesse. org  you can learn more about his disease.  (not sure if I can post links in here so hopefully I don't get in trouble!)
Im sorry to hear that.I lost my son at 4 days old due to my dog attacking him. I also have a 4 yr old hes the only reason im breathing.
@jhaytervalentin, I am so sorry! :( When did this happen? If you don't mind me asking. I know how you feel. Makes everything else I go through in life seem so little compared to losing my son. I have learned to be thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I'm so sorry.
Jhaytervalentin: You wouldnt happen to be the mother in florida? I heard that in florida a family lost their 4 day old son due to a dog attack.

chantal21: I remember hearing stories about jesse. I kept up with all the posts that were put up.

I am so sorry for both your losses and cant even imagine what either of you are going through.
My son passed away when he was 7wks old he was born with a rare heart condition

I am so sorry to hear about your little Angel!

Please feel free to message me if you need to talk! Chantal is also a great gal to talk with!

Sending prayers and hugs.
I'm sorry to hear this. did u know he had this promblem while u where pregnant?How did u make it threw those sad days?
Yes i am that mother of that angel that's in heaven.I am the mother in jax fl who lost her 4 day old son to my family pittbull attacking him. Please do not judge me the media has their story wrong no one knows what happen but me and the detectives.Iv died inside since i lost my angel the only reason im breathing is for my four yr old.
We are not here to judge.....we are here to support you.

To answer your question. Yes, I knew when I was pregnant. I found out at 18wks, from that moment on we made plans to fight for his life. When he was 2wks old he underwent open heart surgery and fought hard. Sadly my little guys body could take no more.

The days following were extreme. I was beyond depressed and really felt like I had no reason to go on. With the help of my husband, my counselor and a support grief, I started seeing purpose in my life again. Then I became pregnat with my second son, who is now 14 months and the light of my life. (I have pictures of both my boys on my profile page)

I also founded a support group called Baby Angels, here on MedHelp, you should go check it out.

Please do  not let others bring you down, I know you are hurting and I wish you nothing but the best!
I am so sorry for your loss:( I had heard the story briefly but not enough to know much. My family made sure to tell me because I have a pitt also. Like I said I dont know what happened but I am soooooo sorry about your little boy:(  I hope you find some peace. I agree with rdh1981 that councling may help. This is a great community of woman here that are very supportive. I feel like alot of them are my long distant family:)
Sending prayers to you and your family.
I have not lost a newborn but my first son was stillborn.  It's never easy losing a child no matter how old they are.  I'm so sorry for the tragedy your family has gone through.  I'm also in agreement on counseling.  Specifically grief counseling.  There has got to be a lot of emotions going on inside you right now and grief counseling specifically targets the stages of grief and mourning and helps you to come to terms with your emotions, understand what is healthy and normal during the grieving process.  

It would also be beneficial for your 4 year old to receive some counseling.  My oldest was 5 when we lost our first son and it took her years to come to terms with it.  Even now at 14 she hasn't fully accepted it, I wish I had gotten her counseling back then.  She was so excited to be a big sister and was really torn up by the loss of her brother and being too young to fully understand.  I think it has affected her relationships with the siblings that came along later on.

I hope that you and your family are able to find some peace after this horrible tragedy and are able to move on with your lives.  Though the pain of losing a child never goes away, you find ways to cope with it and when you do, you begin to heal.
I lost my 4th baby and third baby girl a few hours after birth, she was premature at 23 weeks. The dr's did nothing for her even though they could of tried as she was alive and had a beating heart. They said they did not legally have to till 24 weeks! I went to grief counseling and i had three other babies 1,2 and 3. It was, is and has been the hardest thing I have gone through.

Take all the help you need, none that you can't bear and remember the short while you did get. My son, age 3 said he did not want her head being a stone, so we got a "name rock" he felt better then. It was amasing how kids handle things and how resilant they are and what they understand! More then we think. They all picked out anything they wanted to bury with her and my son also drew a picture of us for ger so she would know we are with her, also his idea! We also attened a "day to remember" walk together and sent a balloon for her. Contact the March of Dimes, they have a rememberance kit free.

I heard about the attack but I do not have nor watch tv! Itis no ones place to judge and hard hearing of such things anyway! It is apersonal thing and much easier to talk to a mama like me then resond as "the media" That part I can not imagine how hard it is and tramatizing in itself, which you do not need!!!!!!!

Give yourself time and I am so sorry for your loss!
{{HUGS}}