Maternal & Child Community
Lymphangioma Circumscriptum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Lymphangioma Circumscriptum

My baby boy was born with 2 blister like spots on his face, one on each cheek.  He had a biopsy done at 5 months and the dermatologist told us they were lymphangiomas.  He said their is nothing to worry about and that they could do cosmetic surgery when he was older.  
I am concerned now because I have been reading about the different types of lymphangioma's, and it is scary.  

My question is...Does anyone have personal experience with this type?  Small raised blister like sacs.  And, are their long term affects?  Any information is very much appreciated.  Thanks!!!!
Hi!  I am a 27 year old female and I have lymphangioma circumscriptum.  It started appearing when I was about 6 months old and I was diagnosed at 3.  The lymphangioma circumscriptum is located on my side, from my shoulder blade down almost to my belly button.  

I have had several surgeries on it.  When I was very young, the doctor we went to chose to perform laser surgery.  It did not work and just made a lot of scar tissue.  We found a new surgeon and my first surgery with him was when I was 11 years old.  He chose to excise (cut out) the area and that has been the only type of surgery that has actually worked for me.  

My last surgery was in the summer of 2000 - over nine years ago now.  They almost got all of it the last time (but there is no way to ever get ALL of it).  I've had a few places come up recently and I will most likely have to go in for surgery again next year.  

Overall, I must say that I have been able to live about as "normal" a life as possible.  There have not been any long term complications, other than having surgery every so often.  But of course, that's "normal" to me now, too. :)

The internet has some pretty scary stuff on it dealing with this.  I really can't say that I have had that many problems, though.  The main problem that I have is that once they show up on the surface of the skin, they bleed and that shows up on my clothes.  (It doesn't hurt when they bleed - it's just frustrating because since I don't feel it at all, I don't know about it until someone says, "What's that on your shirt?")  Sometimes they can be sore, depending on exactly where they are.  

I hope all of this info helps!  If you have any questions, or if you just need support, please feel free to contact me!
My son was diagnosed at one month old with penil lyphangioma's. He is now 14 years of age, at the time the docs at Vanderbilt didnt know very much, nor how to treat it. Would you please give me the name of your doc who did your last surgery. His have been bleeding so much lately and I just want to repair as much as I can, even if it doesnt get it all. Just a little bit would be worth it. Thanks so much.
Good luck, i hope by now you have gotten in touch with someone about this. I am 35, and it has almost overtaken my left side from midback to my toes. If you have found a doctor for surgery, please forward it to me!!!!
I am 5 months pregnant and my bay was just diagnosed with lymphangioma on her neck. Does anyone has experience of outlook regarding operation after birth?