Measuring 3 weeks ahead
I went to the doctor for my 28th week check up.  He measured me and he said I was measuring 31weeks - said I was going to have a big baby - my daugther was only 7p13oz.  If you measure ahead does that mean you will give birth earlier or have a big baby?
I measured large with my second, turned out I had way too much fluid. He was still 8.5 lbs, but the fluid contributed to the larger measurements. Ironically, with my 3rd, we didn't know until I was delivering that I had the same condition (polyhydramnios) with him. He was 2 ounces shy of 9 lbs. I never seemed to measure large with him, I actually gained less and looked "less" pregnant with him over all my babies.

Keep an eye on it, it could very well be that you caught your bugger in a growth spurt and that the next visit they could be back on target.,
I have gained 38pounds so far and walk everyday.  So it could be fulid.  did you go early And
Have you taken your gestational diabetes test yet? If you have GD, it can cause you to have a larger baby. Hopefully it is just fluid ... did they give you a length and weight at your check-up or just tell you that the baby is measuring large?
I didn't go early with any of my boys. I was induced with all three. With my second, I started measuring 5-7 weeks ahead from 28 weeks on. I was not officially dx until right before my induction. I ended up having an AFI of 27 in my smallest pocket. All that extra fluid allowed my son to have way too much room in the end and he ended up tying a true knot in his cord. I had some major issues during delivery, but it was super fast and he came out alright.

Keep an eye on it, make sure your doctor doesn't just blow you off like mine did. Had I gone into labor on my own at home, we could have lost him as fast as I went and with the knot.

my dr told me at 18 weeks I am measuring larger.  I guess we'll findo out at the ultrasound.  
I measured normal until my 15 week and then started measuring bigger.  By my 36 week ultrasound, I was measuring 39 weeks (baby was 7lbs 8oz).  I never made it to my next visit as my water broke and my DD was born at 36 weeks and 5 days at a healthy 8 lbs and 3oz.  In a way, I was relieved.  I could only imagine what her weight would have been if I had gone the extra
3 1/2 weeks.  
hi im measuring 2 wks a head, doc told me 2 expect a big baby,my son was 7lbs 4oz at 38 wks. ive got 2 have a growth scan ever 4 wks from now.
Mine measured large at 32 weeks and I had a big weight gain..he came 3 weeks later at 6 lbs 8 oz.   He would have been huge said the the docotr delivering him...my 36 week I was supose to have a ultrasound becasu the of the size..but never made it.