Menstrual Cycle after Tubal
I gave birth to my son 7 weeks ago and had a tubal ligation. I started my cycle today and having severe heavy bleeding and severe cramps. Is it normal to have such heavy bleeding that you are changing pads every hour pretty much? I feel like I just gave birth with all the bleeding.
The first period after childbirth is usually very heavy, and many women report that the first period after a tubal can also be heavy.

But if you are having severe cramps and heavy bleeding as you describe, call your doctor this morning to let them know.
I had my 2nd and last child july 25, 2007.  Oct 2nd I got a laproscopy done.  After which I notices extreme cramps, I never had cramps when having my period before.  I also noticed my period is lasting to just about two weeks and I am having to change a  pad quite frequently.  When I start getting my period it will start out very light and then around a week into the light cycle is when it starts getting heavy for close to another week.  I have tried to wait it out to see if it will turn itself around but it doesn't and it is very uncomfortable and sometimes down right painful.  Who wants to have such a heavy period and one that lasts so long.  I know that my doctor said if I have any problem after he checked my tubal site to contact him & they would put me on the pill to regulate it, so I guess I will be contacting my OB.  Your not alone, I believe in the post tubal ligation syndrome.