Maternal & Child Community
Miscarriage and trying again, help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Miscarriage and trying again, help!!

Ok... where to start.
I was around 8 weeks prego, I miscarried june 2nd....
I went to the er and it was still in the process of happening so the dr was able to figure things out better.  and let me naturally expell it and to return 4 days later.  Everything went well naturally.  I was devasted... to say the least.  My hubby and I have been trying to have another child for 2+ years now and this was the first positive prego test i got and first pregnancy since my son, he is 4 1/2 yrs old.  So it was hard to cope with and still is.

After that said...
When are you to expect your period again after MC?
and I have heard it is easier to get prego after a MC because your open, is this true?
I am trying to get some insight because alot of websites dont say what happens to you after a MC and how to determine when to take a prego test when you havent had a first cycle after mc.  I am very confused... and have so many questions and dont know what way to turn.

When i went back to the drs she gave us the ok to be sexually active again.
so i am crossing my fingers i am prego right now.  but when should i take a prego test?  when is your period usually suppose to come after a mc?  what is right and what is wrong?

sorry for all the questions, but i am just stumpped.
thanks in advance for anyone that has answers or can help with this.
much love
Well, about af, Mine usually always comes right on time after m/c. ( I have had 4 m/c) Count 1st day of heavy bleeding as cd 1.                             How long is your cycle usually? Would it be time for af?  
I am sorry that you had this loss. Prayers for you and yours.
I miscarried naturally on June 4 at 8w6d.  The doctor said I would probably ovulate within 2 weeks.  I think I did because I had EWCM plus pain in my left ovary.  I have still been feeling pain there off and on for the past week.  I hope that means I am pregnant.  I am going to test on Sunday because that will be 4 weeks from my m/c.  The doctor also said I should expect my period within 4 weeks after m/c which would be Sunday too.  Although, I've read from some of the other posts that many woman don't get their period for like 7 weeks after m/c so it's probably different for everyone.  Good luck ttc!!!
My periods are usually pretty much on time from 28 to 29 days

thanks for all ur input i really appreciate it.

prayers go to you girls n ur families too
It can take 4-8 weeks to get your period after a m/c.  I m/c on May 3rd and just got mine on June 12th.  It depends on how long it takes the hcg to leave your body after the m/c.  Good Luck in TTC again!
after my miscarriage at 8 weeks I bled for about two months.  Don't know if that's because I got AF or not.  After my miscarriage, I could not get pregnant again due to LPD.
im sorry you are going through this. i had a mc may 24. my cycle is normally 35 days which would have been this past wed the 28th. i feel like im going to start then it goes away then my boobs get sore then they go away. i had a drop of pink and the slightest of brown sorry if too graphic but i figured maybe it could help. sooooooo to answer you...who knows when af comes. my dr said 4-6 weeks but like i have read on here it has taken some women up to 8 weeks. i was kinda charting my temp and it dropped so i am guessing its any day now!! good luck to you and your dh in ttc--keep us posted!
I have the same concerns.  I m/c on June 1st and haven't had my period yet.   My husband and I started trying two weeks ago.   Now my breast are swollen and sore and I am not sure if I am about to start my period or if I am pregnant.  Hoping I am pregnant.  I am trying to hold out two more weeks before I take a pregnant test.  

I have had a total of 3 m/c and 2 healthy babies (now 12 years old & 6 years old) so I know how hard it is.  My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm in the same boat as you.  I had a natural m/c on June 3rd, I was 11 weeks along.  Im pretty sure I ovulated 2 weeks later and just got my period Thursday, so just under 4 weeks for me.  I think I also heard you get your period sooner after a natural m/c than a D&C, but I don't know.  Hopefully you should get yours soon and be on your way again ttc.  Good luck!
MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 1/2 YEARS AND TTC. I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT IN JAN AND HAD A NATURAL M/C PN FEB 1 AT 6 WEEKS. AFTER ABOUT A WEEK OR SO MY HCG LEVEL WAS BACK DOWN TO ZERO AND MY DOC TOLD ME TO WAIT ONE CYCLE TO TRY AGAIN, BUT TO CONTINUE TAKING MY PRENATAL PILLS. MY HUSBAND AND I DIDNT WAIT ONE CYCLE WE STARTED TRYING IMMEDIATELY. ON MARCH 1 WE FOUND OUT THAT I WAS PREGNANT AGAIN AND THEY CHECKED MY HCG LEVELS EVERY TWO DAYS UNTIL THEY WERE AT 1000. I AM NOW 20 WEEKS AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GOING WELL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SEVERE MORNING SICKNES (ENDING AT 18 WEEKS). AT FIRST I DIDNT THINK THAT WE COULD HAVE CHILDREN TOGETHER BECAUSE IT TOOK US SO LONG TO CONCIEVE (conceive) BUT THEN GETTING PREGNANT A SECOND TIME WAS VERY EASY. THE DOC SAID THAT I GOT PREGNANT 3 WEEKS AFTER THE M/C. I DIDNT EVEN HAVE A PERIOD SO ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS, AND HAVE FUN TTC!!!!!
Thank you all for your support and answers and help.

very much needed to calm me down a bit.

my prayers go to you girls too that have been on the same boat as me.

Tomorrow will be 28 days since miscarriage so a period should be comming anytime now unless i am prego.
if i dont get my period by next week i will take a prego test.
I have another dr's appt july 12th to make sure things are still ok after the MC.  just like a courtousy check up.

thanks again and any other answers would be great.
hugs**
hi everyone i miscarried when i was 3 months and i actually delivered the baby . I have alraedy had a health boy who is 11 years old he was 3 at the time i had found out we were prego on his birthday and lost the baby 3 months later .That was the worst thing i have ever been through.My husband and i do not use any protection or are we on anything .We have been not able to get prego since the loss and would love to have another baby.if anyone has any addvice please give Mommy wanting to hear the sounds of little foot steps again  thank you too all.