Maternal & Child Community
Miscarriage at 12 weeks and seeing the wee baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I miscarried at 12 weeks last nov and passed a wee baby about 5cm long it was fully formed and left me heartbroken. I've had friends who have naturally miscarried and not one of them had seen a baby my midwife said she had never ever seen a miscaried baby like I had and she has been a midwife for 14 years has anyone else gone thru this  I'm finding it hard I was due in a weeks time and have thought about my lost baby every day but on a happier note i'm 12 and a half weeks pregnant have had a scan and alls good due in Nov.
Hi I went through the same thing last year. I had actually known for a bit I was going to miscarry and was at the dr because things didnt seem to be happening on their own. I went to the bathroom right before my appointment and passed the baby. It wasnt exactly what I would call a fully formed baby but I just knew that was what it was. Sure enough i wrapped it in tp and showed the dr and she confirmed it. I didnt fully understand the heart break miscarriages cause until I went through one. I tried to pretend it didnt bother me but ofcourse it did and I would cry alot for no reason or when I saw babies. Its hard it really is but it does get better. Im very sorry for your loss
many women that miscarriage naturally do infact see the fetous. i lost my baby at 9 weeks 4 days, i went to the hosptial because i was bleeding heavily. they tried to give me some hope but i knew. i could only get a scan the following day tho which i thought was a load of ****!! i went home and my dh was drowing his sorrows in the pub, so i went to meat him sat on the loo and ( sorry 4 tmi) there was a round white blob about 3cm round. i was told that was my baby. It is the most horryfying thing to go through. i should be 30weeks now and i'm feeling the pain terribly! i do torture myself tho by keep my pregnancy weekly that comes up every sunday saying cogratulations your ... weeks pregnant. but i will be trying again in july. i wanted to give my body a proper rest after a chemical preg in march.
congrats on your pregnancy! sticky baby dust
and to all those trying baby dust***************
I missed carried at 7 weeks and i saw my baby, it was very tiny but it was there. That was 3 years ago. I found it so hard to throw it away that i even took it to the hospital with me, they kept it, wanted to run "tests" they say. I never knew why i miscarried, i had no bleeding no cramping no signs of miscarrying, i went to pee late one night and beforei  even sat on the toilet the sac with mu lil one plopped on the floor, i cried for months, even after i got pregnant again, i still think about it today, my heart is with you and i know this will be a good pregnancie for you!
I was 14 weeks when I miscarried. When my body expelled my little boy, it was the most heartbreaking thing I could imagine. There was my little baby, arms, legs, head, and torso. I saw his little eyes and ears, his little nose and mouth. His teeny tiny little fingers and toes. I could, and did, litteraly hold him in the palm of my hand. I will never forget my little boy, ever. It is still extremely hard some days to deal with the fact that he is gone, and I am no longer pg. I would be due Aug 26. We are ttc again, but it isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Congratulations to you and your pregnancy. God bless you and your baby for the following months and always.
Thank you everyone my little baby had arms legs eyes everything just looked like a little doll midwife had seen lots of fetusos but nothing as formed as mine which I thought was unusal. Sorry for everyones loss its hard losing at baby no matter what stage you are but knowing our wee babies will be in heaven is a blessing thank you.

Hi there,
I am late with my comment because the same thing happened to me only one week ago, I was in the hospital waiting on a D&C when I started to bleed then I went to the loo and on the pad there it was, with hands and legs and head, I wanded to die, I cound no believe what was happening as if it was no bad enough to be told that your baby has no heart beat. I was heart broken. Now I look at it different, I was able to hold my baby and say good bye. I am now waiting for time to pass, for my period to come, to do some tests and then to try again, I am not giving up, so hang in there all will be ok.

My thoughts are with you and with gods help all will go ok for both of us.

Susan
Sorry for you loss Susan its horrible but your right at least we got the chance to see our wee babies its something you will never forget. Good luck with your next pregnancy all will be good next time take care.
I had an ultrasound done yesterday.  The ultrasound tech stopped and said she needed to go and get the doctor.  I asked was there a problem she stated I just need to get the doctor.  I waited and the doctor came in looked at the screen and said ok.  I asked again is there a problem.  The doctor walked out the tech says ok you can get dressed now but its important that you dont leave.  I said ok. Went into the waiting room, waited for about five minutes.  She came out and stated ok you can leave now but you need to contact your doctor as soon as possible.  I said well how far along am I.  That was the reason for the ultrasound.  She cut me off and states we dont do that here you just need to contact your doctor.  I left pissed before i cursed her out.  I went to the doctor this morning and she told me they didnt find a heart beat on the baby and i was around 12 to 14 weeks pregnant.  Needless to say I am disappointed but not destroyed.  The doctor suggested that I wait to see if the baby expels on its own barring i dont contract a fever.  This would have been my 3rd child.  And im still young.
I am 22 and recently had my third miscarriage. This time i was twelve weeks. I have a two year old little girl that is my world, but i cant stop thinking about my little baby thats gone everyday and every night. I wake up at night with my hand on my stomach, i forget that im not pregnant anymore when i am sleeping. I feel like I wont ever be able to move on. I had been trying to have another baby for over two years and now I have had to miscarriages in a row. The doctors have done a few blood test but everything was normal. Know one seems to have an answer as to why this keeps happening to me.
i just found out my baby had no heartbeat yesterday. i go for a D&C on monday..  its the hardest thing i've dealt with in my life. last night was horrible too. i kept waking up every two hours, and i would fine myself holding my stomach. its hard to believe im not pregnant anymore.  i also had a nightmare that someone ripped open my stomach and just took my baby. i woke up crying. me and my boyfriend are both really upset and dont know what to do. i want a baby, but if i have another miscarriage.. ill be so much more heartbroken. does anyone have anything me and my boyfriend can do to get over this and be happy again?
i had to go to the er today cause the baby passed by itself. it was the most horrible thing. al the blood and tissua coming out and then the baby comng out in its sac...i can see the baby. and its tiny little hands and feet. and eyes. so much has happened in the past two days..
i'm sorry to hear about your loss.
had a D&C done on 03/10/08 and it was horrible.

the more i read the messages on this side the more i doubt if i really had a miscarriage on 03/09/08 as i did not have any cramps or heavy bleeding.i did bleed but not much and i did'nt pass any clots. when i went to ER on 03/10/08 they said it could be a threatened miscarriage and that i needed a scan which i had.

the
lady who did the scan said to me that there was no pregnancy anymore.
i read in a pregnancy magazine that the baby in 7.week would be raffly 1.5cm big and the biggest thing i saw on the U/S screen was 1.3cm

but they lady was convienced i had a miscarriage.

now i wish i would'nt have agreed to D&C and would have waited to see what would have  happened.

to late now.i'll be more wiser next time

you will never forget but it will get better in time
at first i didnt have any heavy bleeding or cramps, just spotting for about a week and a half. but on friday i learned the baby did not have a heartbeat. i woke up saturday morning and the blood was a little heavier. around 4'ish i started having really bad cramps, and about 6'ish i passed everything. im sure if you would have waited this situation could have happened to you, but maybe it was better for you to get the D&C. maybe your baby died before 7 weeks, and had stopped growing. im not sure. they should have told you that stuff. i hope this helped. and just remember its not your fault!  i wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you dont have to go through this again.
i had a miscarriage i was 12 weeks to the day i had bleeding throughout and very large blood clots in my womb i was told i had a 50/50 chance but u try 2 stay positive, a week before i had severe pains 10 bloodclots in all came out each 1 bigger than the size of a golf ball, i was scanned but my baby was still there growing moving and a strong hear beat so when the same pain started we thought it was just the clots coming out. 2 came out then i said i will try and catch the next 1, 2 save it falling down the toilet as they said i need 2 look at them,so i put my hand there with the tissue and when i looked it was my baby, i went hysterical and thought i would die due 2 the pain in my chest,nothing prepared me 4 that, it looked like a baby and was a little boy but was tiny, we burried him the next day, we took photos, and named him baby rami, it took me 5 yrs 2 get 2 this stage and i dont know if i will ever get pregnant again, my poor little baby, i am sure he is in heaven, it really bothers me as no 1 seems 2 help they just say we cant do nothing but scn u andn it is just 1 of them things but this is not true as on the internet there r loads of tests and treatments available then i get told u have 2 have 3 miscarriages b 4 we can help this is a joke, it is so fustraing, does any 1 have any advise, i aslo have diabetes type 1, endometriosis , pcos and a fibroid, and had 2 iuis and 2 ivfs and been trying 4 5 yrs thanks
I went for my twelve week appointment optimistic because I had not had any problems.  My pregnancy had progressed normally.  As I was talking to my OB, I told him everything was fine; no bleeding, no cramping, everything was great!  He said, "Great", lets hear the heartbeat.  I called my husband in so he can hear it to.  He couldn't find it with the doppler.  The Dr. The brought in the external sonogram.  He pointed out the baby, but said he needed to get a clearer picture, so he brought the internal sonogram machine in.  He pointed out the baby to me.  It was growing normal!  It was twelve weeks.  I had no pain, no bleeding, but I could tell right away there was no heartbeat.  The baby was 12 weeks 1 day.  When i went it, I was twelve weeks 2 days.  I still have no bleeding or cramping.  It has been two days since i found out.  Is that normal?
My mom was 3 1/2 months pregnant(before she had me and my sister) and said she felt pressure down there like she was going to give birth.. so she rushed to the hospital and had to deliver the baby like a full-term baby.. It was so hard on her.. It was a little boy.
hi well my sons gf is spoting she went to the hosptel she is allmoust 5 monts  thay told her thay could not find the babys heart beet  4 her to come back in 2 days and thay will see if thay find aney thing i no its not good  but has aney one ever hade this hapen and things came out fine i pray ther is u see i lost a grandson in oct he was 2 weeks i cant do this agen  help
I lost my son on May 20th 2009.
I started bleeding heavily and went to the ER. My bleeding slowed while I was there. They did an ultrasound and they said the baby was fine, just to go home and stay in bed for a couple of days. I went to the doctor the next day and he also did and ultrasound he said the baby was fine and he had a strong heartbeat and was very active. I told my Dr. that my abdomin (abdomen) was hurting but he told me to just take tylenol and rest. The next morning I began bleeding a lot. My husband called my Dr. and the doctor told me to come in at 10, but I began to get really faint so my husband got my kids in the car but by the time I walked out of my front door I collapsed. I was so faint and nauseous on the way to the ER. I got there and began passing huge blood clots bigger then the size of a golf ball. I began to have contractions and went into labor. The got a ultrasound tech in and she didn't find the baby. 10 min. later I had my son. My husband saw him first. after I had him the gave me a blood transfusion and then rushed me to have a D&C. after my D&C they gave me another blood transfusion. I stayed in the hospital over night. The next morning I could stop crying and I wanted to see my son. So my husband went to find the ER doctor who helped us. He sent my husband to Pathology and then he took me but they asked me to go back to my room and they would send a social worker who would bring my son to me. The pathologist told my husband that my sons abdomin (abdomen) had not fully closed and that his intestines were being pushed out through the hole. They brought my son to me and he was a fully developed on the outside except for the hole in his abdomin (abdomen). he had arms and little fingers, legs and little toes. eyes, ears, mouth nose. everything. He fit in the palm of my hand. He was beautiful. My husband and I both broke down.
We named our son Raiden Ford, we had him cremated. There is not a day that will go by that I wont think of my son. My heart will always have that missing piece.
I have been lying in bed for the past couple of weeks and it just seems like when I feel I am able to get up and start a day I breakdown again and jump 10 spaces back. My husband dosen't seem to understand anymore. He feels like he has lost his wife, like I am someone else.
i just found out that i misacarried my baby.  im exactly 12 weeks and 2 days, i went to the doctors excited to listen to my babys heartbeat and found out the baby stopped growing two weeks ago.  thi is really the worst feeling ever. i dont know if its something i may have done wrong.  the doctors said i was perfectly healthy and a month ago the baby was too and they have no idea what went wrong.  my fiance and i were so excited and now feel like it was ripped away from us. im so sorry for anyone who has gone threw this and hope they can find comfort in the ones you love.
I passed my baby today. I was 7 weeks and 2 days. I was told last night at the ER that the strong heartbeat we had seen 2 days ago had stopped. I was so upset when they said they wanted to do a D&C...I didn't want them to suck my little baby out and throw him away. They finally told me I could pass the baby at home. There was a lot of pain and a lot of blood. When my baby passed, I felt him fall out into the toilet. I looked in and knew what it was the baby right away, not just tissue. I started crying and told my partner I couldn't bear to just flush him away to the sewers. My partner put on gloves and scooped him out. He was still in his sac. When we put him in a baggy and held him up to the light, we could see him curled up in one corner of he sack, beautiful and perfect, just the way he should be at his very young gestational age. I'm going to miss my little baby.