Maternal & Child Community
My girlfriend is pregnant and she just started bleeding.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My girlfriend is pregnant and she just started bleeding yesterday and it hasn't stopped yet and we don't know if it was a miscargae or if her water broke she is about 12 weeks and we didn't see any thing come out of but blood so we don't know what's going on and we are really sacred so help me out on what to do?
She should stay off her feet and keep hydrated.  If the bleeding gets heavy (more than a maxipad an hour, or "flooding" when she gets up to go to the loo), or if she gets a fever, or if she gets dizzy, she should go to the ER.  But it is possible that staying off her feet and drinking plenty of fluids could calm the uterus' contractions.  She should stay in bed (if this is possible) until 24 hours after the bleeding stops.

If it is really a miscarriage, nothing can be done to stop it, because the baby decides.  In other words, if something about the embryo is inconsistent with the continuing of a viable pregnancy, that is that.  There is no doctor's intervention that can change it.  But if she is simply bleeding, possibly due to a broken blood vessel or what-have-you, it can help to calm the contractions of the uterus.  Those can come from walking around or being dehydrated.  So staying off her feet except for eating and going to the loo is the best she can do.

As I said, if things get more severe, as in heavy bleeding, dizzy or feverish, then she should go to the ER.
How long would you say she has to get to the ER cuz she is feeling dizzy?
How long has she been bleeding, and how heavy has it been?
If she is nervous and it makes her feel dizzy, but has not been bleeding so long or heavily for the dizziness to be from loss of blood, then she probably doesn't need to race to the ER this moment.  But if the dizziness is like the kind associated with fainting, she should.  

Call the doctor's after-hours line for better advice.