Maternal & Child Community
No sex drive in pregnancy?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

No sex drive in pregnancy?!

I am just curious, am I the only one out there that has NO sex drive?  I just started my 2nd trimester so I was hoping that would change, but so far nothing!  I feel so bad for my husband because I could really do without!  I haven't had any sickness or tiredness (though I have a horrible cold right now)...  Just curious if you think this will change!  TIA!
I'm in my 24th week and I still have absolutely no desire to have sex, what so ever! I kind of feel bad lol.
I would rather sleep or talk about the baby! LOL...poor guys. I had a very strong sex drive before getting pregnant. I am now almost 8 weeks and have noticed I don't have much desire. I try though!! Hopefully the guys understand why. I do feel sorry for them though.
I am 22 weeks and have NONE.  Before I got pregnant I could not get enough.  I hate feeling this way I feel so bad.
I'm in my 25th week, and there are days when I REALLY want it, but most days I don't.

BUT...I have to admit, when I finally DO give in (because I feel so sorry for the guy), the orgasm is more intense than usual. However, I easily forget that fact after I've done the deed, and I can go forever again without even THINKING about doing the nasties. LOL

Every now and then, I just grab the KY and let him have a quickie (Believe me, that's all he could ask for at this point...and he's happy with WHATEVER he gets! Haha!).
Unfortunately, it's either me on top (which tires me out quickly since I'm so big and uncomfortable) or him from behind (which he has to be careful because that can be painful due to the deeper penetration).

I know, tmi! LOL
But I'm just saying, even though you may not be in the mood, he'll be happy with even the quickest act, even if it is only once a month. (and thank goodness for KY...b/c I could NEVER do it alone!;-)

Otherwise, I'd just tell him to grab some lotion and deal with it himself. After all...who's the one REALLY suffering through this whole ordeal? And who's the one who will REALLY REALLY suffer when the big day comes? And who's the one who will more than likely suffer most AFTER the baby arrives? US!! So, if you choose not to give in every now and then, I understand completely! :-)

Best of luck!
I agree. Really, if you can try real hard to let him have a quickie once in a while it is most appreciated by him. They need that like we need to talk or be understood when we have our bad days. I know it's not the same when you're pregnant but at least they get it!
Thats funny that you don't want it, I do, but my dh won't give me any!!! He's convinced he is going to hurt his son if we do anything and he like tries to avoid it now. I have never had to bug him for it before but now I feel like I am the guy. I am 30 weeks and I'm thinking it's my belly that gets to him.
it is nice to know you are not the only one suffering from no sex drive. No all I need to do ishave hubby read this post!
I have zero and have ever since that little stick showed a plus sign..lol!
I try to give in and do it for him when I can, but most of the time it does not even cross my mind.
Also as I get bigger it is more uncomfortable to find a way to bd..3o weeks Monday.
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I am prego my ears are like super sensative and poor hubby has been in a different room at night cause he snores and it keeps me up :(
It has been very hard to not sleep together for 7 months...with my last pregnancy we slept in the same room alot more.
At least this is the last kiddo for us :)
Once the baby comes hopefully we will get back to being more like a couple and not roomates :)
tell me about it! dh and I can barely manage once every two weeks.  I just have no interest, I was also this way with my first pregnancy so i guess that's just how my hormones work.  It is kind of a problem though, since dh gets a little frustrated :) but I figure I'm the one growing the baby so I can call the shots.
I have ZERO sex drive. Dh and I have done it maybe twice since I became pregnant, I am 32 weeks. DH has been more than understanding and great about it. I'm sure mine will come back.
I totally understand an its horrible im 18 weeks an only had sex 3 times its awful. before i was pregnant i wanted it all the time but the thought of it now i go sick. my boyfriend is totally cool about it an very understanding but has started to pleasure himself and i got really upset about so to be honest i dont think they can do anything rite LOL
i am in my second trimaster and when my husband tries to touch me, i feel like i am being malested and i dont want him near me. i can literally cry. i want nothing to do with sex. i am now 19weeks and havent had sex since i found out at 5 weeks pregnant. its perfectly normal.
I FEEL BAD FOR MY HUSBAND TOO. BUT REALLY, I DONT IN A WAY. HE IS NOT GOING THROUGH WHAT YOU AND I HAVE TO GO THROUGH. HE IS NOT THE ONE WHO HAS CRAMPS, BACK ACHES, HEADACHES, LEG CRAMPS, AND SO ON AND SO ON. HE NEEDS TO BE THERE FOR YOU AND BE UNDERSTANDING. MOST MEN ARE JUST SELFISH INSENSITIVE CREATURES.ITS JUST THERE NATURE TO ONLY THINK OF THEMSELVES. THIS IS YOUR TIME!! YOU ENJOY BEING PREGNANT. TELL HIM, HE HAS 2 HANDS IF HE GETS UPSET WITH YOU. SEX FOR ME IS REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE RIGHT NOW. ITS NOT JUST NO SEX DRIVE, ITS JUST NOT COMFORTABLE. AND MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN TRYING TO BE UNDERSTANDING. JUST TRY TO ENJOY THIS TIME. IT WONT LAST FOREVER. =)
Sex drive during pregnancy?  What's that?  Never heard of it.

You're definitely not alone.
funny how sporatic these posts are...

i have NO sex drive either. my husband is doing his very best at being understanding and on occassion i let him get in a quickie but even then i feel a little bad because he may as well be having sex with a rag doll. LOL this is my second pregnancy and with my first one i was horny all the time!!! ALL THE TIME. so this time is so weird for me!! AND for my husband. it makes me feel kinda guilty since having no sex drive is totally foreign to us. the worst part is that i even WANT to have sex with...i mean, he's my husband and i love him and i want to show him some physical affection but i cannot get in the mood. and i'm not a good faker, so if i'm not feeling it, well, he better not expect much of anything out of me. it's nice to know i'm not alone, but i just wish there was a way i could force myself to be in the mood! i'm around 14 weeks along and at first there wasn't much of a problem, but the only times i'd find myself feeling ready for it would be at rediculous times - like 3am or 6am. one saturday morning i woke up my husband at 7am because i wanted some. lol (he usually sleeps in until 10 on the weekends and when he's up, he's up. he can never fall back asleep.) some mornings i wake up thinking, ok, today i'm going to have sex with him no matter what. then the evening comes around and i feel even less sexy than a dirty sponge. maybe this is TMI, but i think i a lot of it has to do with the fact that along with this pregnancy also came a big flatulence problem - also unique to this pregnancy - and i'm so worried that if we have sex and i start to relax, i'll let not be able to hold back and that would be insanely embaressing for me. not to mention it would completely ruin the mood. anyway, i don't even know if anyone will read this post for the next year, but i had to get it all out to someone i suppose. thanks for reading.
Wow, I was beginning to think something was wrong with me! I really try to get my mind in the mood but when it comes to that moment when my husband and I are cuddling, I just feel like screaming NO!! I have absoultely no desire for sex. I have even tried watching a porn to get me in the mood but nothing. My husband and I talked about it especially now since I am in my 3rd trimester and how it may help with labor. He make remarks like, if I can remember how to do it!  He states he doesn't bother me with it because I am always stating how uncomfortable I am or how my back is hurting, side, etc.  I really hope my sex drive returns when this is over. I was thinking of asking my doctor for some medicine to help with it. Thank you all for helping me to see that it isn't just me.
um ya i have no sex drive either!! I am 14 weeks and the poor DH is trying and i am so not interested!
I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second child....my first is 15, and I feel like the bottom half of my body doesn't even exist!!! My boyfriend does not understand. Its been about a month since we were intimate. He is very patient but he is starting to get very cranky and in a bad mood....I feel really bad but I can't bring myself to have sex at all. I don't even want him next to me!!! Is this even normal???
Wow, im not alone! I'm being intimate almost everyday because I keep enjoying him and i feel bonded more than ever because i'm pregnant, HOWEVER, not one orgasm since week 5 or so. I used to NEVER have a problem with that, I'm forgetting what it feels like. I'm 8 months, looking forward to get my hormones back on track after delivery. Good luck to you all!
With my daughter I had no sex drive and I got pregnant 4 months after having her so I never regained it. I am 19 weeks and feel bad because I could seriously do without. My DH has to have it every day and it drives me crazy!!!!! Can't wait to get my baby out and get my horomones back to normal. Before I got pregnant with my first daughter, I was the one begging him for some. Now I am the one begging him to leave me alone.
I was also the same, you're not alone!!!
0 % sex drive. I had two or three after I learned that I am pregnant. May be, psychologically we think like "Ok I got the missing part now, mission accomplished" :) I feel really bad, since not only I lost my sex desire but also my interest may be currently my love to my husband. I am so mean to him, I regret it a lot but then I still do the same thing. He is soo understanding and patient. Sometimes I feel like, I don't deserve him. He is such a nice guy. May be my anger is because of his family, they (his mom and sister) tried to do everything to make me feel bad during my pregnancy. I hate them, literally hate them.
I am now 20wks pregnant, and have no sex drive, I feel bad for my BF because I know his drive is very much active. I try to let him have a quicky atleast a few times a week, but to be honest I really just want him to leave me alone. I love him, but I dont want sex right now. I know he's waiting and wanting that "Overdrive sex part" that he's read about that some women have, but i just dont feel it.
on top of that, my work as a cashier leaves me sore and tired and cranky when i get home, I just want to be left alone. I have no patience left for him. I am trying my hardest not to snap at him, but its just so hard.
I want him to understand what I am going through, and have several books around for him to read, that my sister gave me. But he finds the books boring and cant focus on them...to bad theres no pregnancy guide for the warhammer gamers :)

And I am tired all the time, when I come home from work I just want to spend the evening sitting down with a book or surfing the net, I know that theres still tons of stuff to do around the house like dishes and cleaning and getting babies room set up, but I just feel so spent...I dont know how to make him understand that some things have to wait till I have a day off. So that my energy level can restore itself.
And i dont know how to get him to stop nagging me about everything that I need to do around the house. I know what needs to be done , I am just to tired to care.

does that make sense?
I am in my 18th week and before I got pregnant I had the highest sex drive even more than my fiance but now my sex drive is no longer here at all and I really feel bad for my fiance
I am now 7 mo pregnant and have not had a sex drive since I was 4wks prego. I have 2 boys 9 and 7 and never had this problrm with them while pregnant. Before I got pregnant this time we could not keep our hands off eachother! Now I don't like him touching me in any sexual way. I feel so bad for my Husband it's been a month and no sex at all! He is lucky if he gets it period! I am never in the mood and it is very uncomfortable when we do get intimate. After sex I feel pressure dn there and it goes away in 30 min or so. I rather sleep or just cuddle over having sex. I really hope this goes away after I have him cause I have not had the big O in 7 full months!!! It ***** big time. :(
When I first found out I was pregnant I couldnt get enough and my BF couldnt get enough and took advantage of my willingness to jump his bones, Im now 10.5 wks and cant mustard enough sex drive to even touch it or allow it to touch me. He is so depressed and begging, he has the slightest idea that, that makes it that much worst bc im now not attracted to the wimpering baby that throws trantrums and ask for the cuss-cuss everyday... Someone pls help he says he understands yet 10 mins later he says are you ready, when I say no he says are you sure let me check...ugh
i Just got married  on Feburary 29 th and i am 30 weeks pregnant  and i swear to you my husband is all over me like white on rice but i just dont want him to touch me .. and even if i do tough it out for him i feel really crappy about it. and the funny part is i can be in the mood and it could be something really small  that he does .. ir our son starts crying and then i just dont want  it... I really look foward to the days after my pregnancy when i can give him what he wants.. I feeel extrememly horrible....your are not alone
im pretty much the same. Ive always had the higher drive between my partner and i. And since i fell pregnant my sex drive started to slow rite down n now im 32wks n its completlly gone. Ive tried really hard to get in the mood for my partner but its jst not there. It doesnt hurt or anything its jst like i have no feeling in that area. My poor partner will complain about it every now and then n i really do feel for him but at the same time he wont push the topic. Because ive already told him that it jst doesnt interest me, it doesnt feel the same. Im really hoping that after i have the baby that my sex drive comes back...

This is my third pregnancy now n i never had this problem with my previous two. I just hope it improves... Soon...
I seriously thought i was the only one who thinks like that...

I am 8 weeks pregnant, and want no sex at all...when i get sorry for the poor guy i grab my KY.  Even though i don't want it i try to give it to him at least twice per week. Its hard to adjust from getting it every night, so i tried to please him.

I want my sex drive to come back so bad....I wish i could get some at the pharmacy...lol.... imma b like...How much is for a pack of sex drive... can i get a pack please...lol
That's kinda funny that you said that he doesn't want it. I'm 37 weeks along w my second boy and when I was pregnant with my first I had no desire what so ever, my husband and I would argue cause he wanted it and I didn't. It actually hurt! Now with my second pregnancy I still have no desire but at least I'm willing to try and we have but now he doesn't even want it. Well I cant say doesn't want it he says he feels uncomfortable, because of my belly! I think its funny, I just hope that it doesn't take as long as last time for our sex life to come back after the baby arrives this time! :-)