Maternal & Child Community
Norco & Pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Norco & Pregnancy

I just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant and I take norco.  I have a severe pancreatitis disorder.  It is not alcohol related, I was born with it.  I get pancreatitis bouts about 2 times a month to where I cannot eat and I'm in a lot of pain.  I have to stay home and I just cry because it hurts so much.  I don't go to the hospital anymore because my doctor thinks that when I have a flare up I can take care of it at home and not have to have the added stress of not being home and comfortable.  On the days that I feel "better" I still have pain, but it is manageable so I can work and try to be normal.  I am really concerned about about this pain med issue.  I take two to three pills daily and when I am sick I take more.  I do not want to hurt my baby, but what do I do if I am in pain?  Is this effecting my unborn fetus right now?  I don't think it is good to take pain meds while pregnant, but how do I take care of myself and baby too?  Also, if I stop what will happen to me and baby?  Help!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is your baby fine?  What were your doctor suggestions.  I see a doctor in a few days, but I am going crazy with worry now.  Please help!  This my first pregnancy, I am 32, married and very happy.  I would never forgive myself if I endangered my baby or myself.