Maternal & Child Community
Overweight and Over Two Weeks Late
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Overweight and Over Two Weeks Late

Hi, I'm nineteen, overweight, and over two weeks late now. My periods usually always come between the sixth and the tenth of every month, I've never missed a period since I got my period at age ten. I'm over two weeks late now, I've taken two home pregnancy tests, and both came back negative. I've been really sensitive to smells, kind of moody, my heads been killing me, I have to pee all the time, leakage, slight cramping, and back pains. My husband and I really want a baby. I haven't taken any contraceptives, or been taking any drugs or even drinking. I have no clue what's going on, but I have no insurance and really don't want to go to the hospital. Does anyone have any information? I would really appreciate any information you have.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Sometimes a craving for a child leads a woman to experience pregnancy like symptoms. Liver (hepatitis), gall bladder and kidney problems too can cause these symptoms. IBS, acidity and GERD too should be ruled out. Hormone imbalance, PCOD, prolactinomas, adrenal gland problems and HIV too are the other possibilities.
If urine pregnancy test is negative then go for a quantitative blood pregnancy test.  I suggest you get quantitative HCG estimation is blood at 48 hours intervals. If this too is negative and you do not get your periods then other causes of delayed or missed periods will have to be looked at such as ectopics (can give negative urine/HCG tests), stress whether emotional or physical, hypothyroidism, polycystic disease of the ovary, pituitary tumors secreting prolactin, anemia and poor diet, hormonal imbalance, unexplained or sudden weight gain or weight loss. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...