Ovulation Predictor Kit and Positive Results
smp
I'm using a ovulation predictor kit and have had a positive LH surge for 4 days now.  Is this normal?  The package says after the surge ovualation occurs within 24-26 hours.  I'm really confused regarding why I'm still getting a positive result.
Once you get a positive opk, you don't need to test anymore. After the 1st pos. you should o within 12-36 hours. Some people have positives on the opk's for days...all that matters is the first one.
smp
Thanks for your help.  I was also not sure if I should stop with the test after the first positive.  The box does not give this information.
I'm sorry, but I disagree with the other post. Some women get more than one LH surge before the real thing happens.  This is one reason why OPKs do not work for some women.  Because they cannot confirm O, you have no way of knowing which of the surges was the real thing.  Your options are to use the OPK along with charting, or keep BDing until you no longer get a positive.  HTH.
When you siad positive, did you mean test line is darker?
I take the test until my LH Surge goes away.  Sometimes you can be fertile for two to three days before you ovulate.  I track my bbt and use an opk.  By tracking your bbt you can tell when you ovulate.  Right before you ovulate your temperature decreases and then when you ovulate it increases and sustains that increase in temp for a few days.  That is how you know that you ovulate.  I will use this month as an example for you.  Yesterday my temp was 97.12 and I had a positive opk, this morning my temp rose to 97.70 and I still have a positive opk.  I am having ovulation pains so therefore I know that probably by tomorrow I will have ovulated.  I will bd tomorrow because my fiance and I bd yesterday and it is best to do it every other day.  One poster recommended www.fertilityfriend.com and this gives great advice on bbt and tracking ovulation.  I've been ttc for 7 months so hopefully I will have good news soon.  Hope this helped.
Oh I see what u are saying, that some women won't get a pos. on an opk? I'm sorry, I was confused as to what u were saying.:)
I just want to make sure she is not confused with what's a TRUE poisitve on an OPK!
A positive is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. When it is positive that is the LH surge and you o 12-36 hours or so later.
smp
Once again thanks for all the info.  The two lines were equal in color during those for days.  Finally when I used the OPK yesterday the test line was alot lighter.