Maternal & Child Community
Pelvic pressure at 6 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pelvic pressure at 6 weeks pregnant

Hi there,
I am currently 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I was wondering if pressure in the pelvic area is normal at this stage in pregnancy. This is my very first pregnancy, so I'm still not aware of what's "normal" and what isn't. Also, is it true that the cervix is very sensitive during early pregnancy?
I had it with both my two 'healthy' pregnancies...very early on 6-7 weeks..

They typically say the ligament/pelvic pain doesn't happen until 14 weeks but I've had it early with both....I'm 17 weeks now and still have it...uggghhh
Avatar n tn
It sure does get annoying after a while doesn't it. But, I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.
It is normal, but if it gets to the point where you feel strong pressure pushing down you may want to let your Dr. know.  I flet alot of pressure and also pulling with mine.  Congrats!
Avatar n tn
I have this too... glad someone posted about it. I've been wondering what was going on. I'm 7 weeks pregnant as well.

Thanks!
I am 6 wks and 4 days... I'm a first timer(WOW) and this feeling is very uncomfortable. What cause this pressure and pulling feeling its almost like my ver-jayjay is going to fall out!
Avatar n tn
Thank you all for your post!!! I am also 6 weeks prego and having the same pressure!! I was wondering was it normal!!!