Percocet and pregnancy
I recently found out that I am 3 months pregnant.  I have taken a percocet on occasion during my first 2 1/2 months of pregnancy, they were not prescribed to me, but to somebody in my family.  I would take one a couple times a week for stress headaches.  I have a three year old son, newly engaged, (not with the father of my first child) employed, and completing my ADN in Nursing with a couple weeks to go.  I know better, I'm not trying to justify this but I am embarressed to talk about it to my OB,(I haven't met her yet,my appointment is in a week)I am also very concerned,worried and would really appreciate information on the effects of this drug on my baby.  

Thank You
There are things called pregnancy catagories in medications.  Early in pregnancy I was hospitalized and learned all about these.  I knew that I would not take anything higher then a B.    

I just looked Percocet up and it is a B/D meaning that if used early and not often it may not harm your fetus but if used often or at Full Term it can cause serious harm.  My personal opinion would be to tell your doctor - you are being responsible for even talking about it and be sure not to use it anymore.

** FYI - I have a prescription for Zanex for Anxiety which I hardly ever take.  My script lasts me 3 years.  I only have an attack maybe 2 to three times a year.  Of course I had one when I was pregnant and didn't know I was pregnnat and took one.  They are cat C which is bad and I almost had a heart attack.  The doctor reassured me that the baby would be ok.  So it is ok to talk to you doctor.

Good Luck.

These are the catagories:

Pregnancy Category A Adequate and well-controlled studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy (and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters).

Pregnancy Category B Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies which have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.

Pregnancy Category C Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.

Pregnancy Category D There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.

Pregnancy Category X Studies in animals or humans have demonstrated fetal abnormalities and/or there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience, and the risks involved in use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweigh potential benefits.
I'm 23 weeks and was on Percocet at 20/21 for ovarian cysts.....it prescribed by my OB so I would think you're ok.
i also have overian cysts, and I have been prescribed my medication but I also have been getting some from my father when I have to wait longer periods of time to get into my dr.  I dont know if I am pregnant, I am just really starting to see the signs the last couple days! I am really worried that if I am pregnant then my baby has been exposed to percocet from the time of conception and I have been taking them for the cysts for 16mths now so they are in my system!!! What kind of effects does it have on fetus's??
i just had surgery on my ankel a week ago.  i broke almost 3 weeks agao and just found out today im pregnant!!!  i have been taking percocet for 3 weeks now!!  what harm can it cause my fetus?!?!?  im very scared!  i thought they tested my urin before surgery! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED???