Maternal & Child Community
Pink/Brown discharge in early pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi, I'm 9wks prego and for the past 3 days I have had a mild discharge that is like egg whites with either pink or brown in it. I had a miscarriage in June so I'm really nervous. I'm not experiencing any bleeding, just the discharge. Any advice would be appreciated!
I had the same thing and they did an ultrasound and everything was fine.  One of my friends said she did that through her whole pregnancy and she's had 3 healthy babies.  Try not to stress.  My doctor had told me not to worry unless it became heavier than a period or had clots in it.
Dont worry Im sure everything is fine CONGRATS on your pregnancy again!
I am almost 8 weeks and have been doing the same as you and also had a little blood too.  I went for a scan and the reason for this is a bruise to the side of where the sac has implanted so there are sometimes reasons that are of no danger to the baby.  Good luck with your pregnancy and im sure you will be fine.  Try not to stress, thinking of you xx
Thanks so much ladies! You all have really eased my mind. I get a sonogram Monday so I'll let you know how it goes!
SO I JUST REALIZED THAT THIS WAS 2 YEARS AGO BUT DID EVERYTHING TURN OUT OKAY IM 5 WEEK AND HAD A MISCARRIAGE IN FEB AND IM NERVOUS TO CAUSE YESTERDAY I HAD A BROWN DISCARGE NO BIGGER THEN MY FINGERNAIL. IM SCARED
Hi monkeyfish. I am almost 8 weeks with my first baby & have now had 3 seperate days of discharge. The first was a week ago & it was like yellow / green egg white, then 3 days ago it was a brown colour, then yesterday & today it's a pink / peach colour, each time no bigger than a 1 pence piece. I am assured by my mother (who's had 4 healthy babies) that this is perfectly normal. I have had thrush this last week which my midwife has given me a cream to treat, so all in all with the infection & being pregnant, I am told not to worry. The only time to worry is if there is bright red blood present, either spotting or heavier. I hope you're progressing well & staying calm!
hi,everyone.i am new. i am about 5 weeks pregnant and at the beginning of this week i had a little discharge, and spotting. two days later it tuned to pinkish red to blood with a blood cloth, the suddenly, it returned only spotting.i am very worried since 2 years ago i had a misc. at 5 weeks. pleeease help. if someone have a comment i will appriciate very much. buy the way on monday i have to go to the gyn. to have a blood test. i am very anxiox, hope this one will not turn into a misc. AGAIN!!!!
I'm 7 weeks pregnant this is my 4th been having browny peachy colour discharge only when i wipe myself its every now on then when i go to the loo and wipe myself only a couple times its there then its not there.Having morning sickness sore breast and did another test to check my hormones so still good don't remember having discharge with my others very odd but all pregnancy is different i did speak to midwife she say its normal most women do have discharge around the early stages on worry if turns to blood as in bright red with clots and have bad cramps in back and front and are doubled up with it.
the discharge can be to do with the sac implanting itself or just a bit thats come away from the wall where the embro implants itself and the sac or sacs lol rub together or rub against the wall of the utres only been told by midwife and been told only panic if you see bright red blood and followed with bad cramps been told discharge every now on then is common and normal if still worreid go to ealy pregnancy clinic and get check out