Maternal & Child Community
Position of the Placenta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Position of the Placenta

Good morning ladies. I am wondering if anyones placenta has been located in front. Mine is and so my nurse practitioner said that I am not feel as much movement or as strong of movments, but the baby is starting to get bigger the the placenta to I wll be able to feel him more. I do feel him but usually it it on the right side and I dont feel much movement on the left side. Is this normal? I am 24 weeks and DH still hasnt felt hime move either is that because of the position of the placenta? Thanks for any info I really appericate it as I am always paranoid :)
i dont know about the feeling of the baby, but i had my follow up level II ultrasound yesterday and they said my placenta was far away from my cervix, which is good.  the tech told us that the only concern would be w/ the placenta in front of the cervix so i am unsure what your position is.  did they mention the cervix?
Yes, on my 4th baby the placenta was in the front. I still felt movement pretty good but they had trouble fining the heartbeat sometimes. At 18 weeks they almost sent me for a sono because they couldn't find it. There was a little difference in the movement but I don't remember much.
i am 18 weeks and i just had my in depth ultrasound. this is my second baby and the radiologist performing this ultrasound said that it is perfectly normal and that i may not feel the baby now or as much as i would if the placenta was in a different position. i worried at first but she reassured me that it was normal. i have felt this baby though.