Prayers for a family
My daughters best friend had a little 7 month old cousin that died today of SIDS during his nap. His aunt, who was babysitting him, found him dead.For those of you who pray, please keep this family in your prayers. My baby is also 7 months, and today I have held him more, played with him more, and cherished him more.
I can't even imagine this kind of pain.
That is so sad. SIDS scares me so much. I will pray for that family I can't even begin to imagine who they are going through. :(
thaT IS so sad.. my thoughts and prayers are with this family.. i cant even emagine.. i dont even want to begin to imagine...
I am so sorry... this is always been something that scares me. I will be praying for the family.
So sorry for thier loss. I have a 5 mns old baby, that is so scary
wow, that is so sad. As a mother I am sure we can al relate. It is just so scary. We just weened our daughter from the swaddle and she is 6 1/2 mos. Sometimes I feel like we should keep her swaddled until she is 1. Since we have stopped, she has started sleeping on her stomach. Jenny - do you ahve any more information? Do you know how the child was put down? Was there anything else wrong?
Right now I don't know any details because it just happened. In a couple days,I'm going to call my daughters best friends mom (who I am really good friends with too) and talk to her more about it.I just feel like it's better if I wait a couple days. I'll make sure to post on this thread when I find out more.I know, it is so scary and sad. I read that 90% of SIDS cases happen before 6 months of age. How horrible to have to be one of the minority here.
So SAD! The family WILL be in my prayers :(
oh man, that is very sad. i cant believe this SIDS thing still happens. i am praying for this family.
i'm sorry, i have one question though. i have heard that SIDS can only happen to new babies. and a 7 month old is older. have they done enough research to see if there was another accidental situation going on or if there was something else wrong with the baby? well, anyway, i dont know. i am very saddened by this. i am praying and will be.
Many prayers for the family....My heart aches for them....I am right there with them.  Jake will be 7 mos old on Mothers Day
My prayers are out to the family.  I too lost my first child to sids.  He was six months old.  There is nothing you can do or say to confort someone in that situation.  
how common is SIDS?
Okay I know a little more now. I talked to this baby's uncle. The baby was taking a normal routine nap while being tended by his aunt. He wasn't sick, nothing suspicious going on. No health problems. The aunt checked on him napping, and he was fine. She checked again a little later,and he was cold and lifeless, and had passed away. They called 911 and tried CPR but it was too late.The coroners report deemed it SIDS--no other issue had occurred, such as choking on something in the crib, etc.according to the autopsy. They say he "just stopped breathing"
This was the couples first and only baby, and it was a hard-achieved pregnancy; they had a hard time. And now they lost thier sweet little baby. I am so sad over this. It hurts even worse when you have a baby the same age and you put yourself in their place.
Sometimes the trials God expects us to go through seem impossible.
unfortunately, SIDS is common amongst babies from 2-12 months.  those are the danger ages

That is so scary  I am holding my DS right now

This is so sda! I still find myself checking on Ashtyn and he is 10.5 months old!!! He loves blankets though and so he worries me that he is going to be cuddling his blanket and get a pocket of CO2 going!!! I am always uncovering his face!
again, so sorry for this loss. its such a sad story to hear. i am praying for the family
Jenn, I am so sorry.  I have been avoiding this thread for a couple of days, I was too scared to read it.  I check on Ava all through the night, and alot during the day.  I have fallen asleep with her a couple of times on the bed, and wake up freaking out.  I grab her up and startle her.  I lay my hand on her little chest during the night just to see her move, or feel her breathe.  I am terrified of SIDS.  We live in an old house, the kind that you don't know whats festering behind the walls.  I've read that SIDS sometimes starts with mold spores and it breaks down the lungs... I'm ready to move.  I love this old house, but I am terrified.

I will pray for this family, and everyone on this forum.  I pray that our babies stay safe, and stay in our loving arms.
Thanks everyone.I know it's not pleasant to talk about. And I'm sorry for stressing you out, Malissa!! I know what you mean though. Since Jameson is the same age, it has really hit me hard. I have been checking on him SO much more when he naps. Putting my finger beneath his nose to feel his breath...watching his chest rise and fall.Stressing out in the early morning if I haven't heard him cry all night...I know it's so hard.

I know you should relax and enjoy your baby, and that these things are rare. But when it happens to someone you know, all the sudden it becomes more of a reality I think.
I really do appreciate all your kind words, concern, and prayers.
His funeral is Thursday and my daughter thinks we should go. But I don't know how I can handle seeing a little baby in a casket.
I am so sorry, I will keep them in my prayers. I have always been terrified of SIDS. This makes me soooo sad!
Please don't feel bad.  =(  I have been stressing over this since we were in the hospital the day we had her.  You can never be too careful these days, and it just teaches us to always cherish what we have at the moment.  Tragedies make us take a few minutes to realize the blessing that we all have around us... the days can get busy and we forget to appreciate, and love deeply.

I don't think I could handle going either.  I have been to a funeral for my cousin many years ago, he passed away due to a fire in the home, he was only 1 and a half.  I still remember seeing his little casket... the pain was overwhelming.  

Hugs to you, your family, and friends.
This is so very sad.  The family is in my prayers.  I'm scared to even think about this happening, and this week I've been checking on my 7-month old dd more than usual- I thought we were pretty much out of the woods for this happening, now I wake up every hour to check on her.  I've already had a m/c when the pregnancy was "95% certain" to continue, so I don't trust low percentages.  
My dh is insisting on sleep training her this week, and he's taking charge of it, so he's doing most of the comforting while she's crying in the cosleeper.  I sit downstairs in agony and listen to her cry and think how I could never forgive myself for putting her through this if it was the last memory we had together.  I can't even begin to imagine how painful it must be.  So so sad.  
im so sorry for their loss..its a terrible thing and i hope they find out the REAL reason SIDS happens.one of my friends baby was 8 months old and dies of SIDS while taking a nap with the grandma watching him.i too went to the funeral and it was horrible !! they are now saying that its best for babies to have pacifir=ers now.the sucking reminds them to breath..?? i am a believer of pacifiers and when i get pregnant with #4 i will use one again.i have also heard that where ever the baby sleeps,you should make sure the head is elevated a little.i used to roll up a receiving blanket and put it under the mattress of the bassinett...