Pregnancy, ovarian cyst, or period?
I get very frequent hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. They almost always dissolve or rupture when i get my period. Recently i could tell i was developing another one (due to my usual symptoms). However when my period was due june 27th, it didnt come. i was almost two weeks late when i had unprotected sex (july 9th). A few days later (july 12th) late in the evening i started to get bleeding (dark brown). I assumed my period was finally coming, but then i took into account the unprotected sex and i started to question what was really happening. My period is normally very heavy and i get excruciating cramps, especially if im having a cyst rupture. For the last few days i have experienced little to no cramps.(its now july 15th) The bleeding seems too heavy to be implantation but to light for it to be a period. It's off and on, it stops and starts back up a few hours later. there are no clots but a good amount of mucus. The color ranges between dark red to light reddish pink to just plain red. Its too soon to test but i plan to as soon as possible. What is wrong with me and is there any reason this is happening? Is it possible to be pregnant and just bleeding from the cyst? Or just a really light period? I know pms has similar symptoms to pregnancy so its hard to tell or weight my options.(increased temperature,nausea,etc) Can anyone help?
Hi!

It is very difficult to say what it is because it can be any of the possibilities you have listed. The earliest you can test is about 14-16 days from the date you had unprotected sex. You could also be having irregular bleeding either due to cysts or due to hormonal imbalance. Try consulting a gynecologist for this if your pregnancy test is negative after the stipulated time. Take care!