Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy after Blighted Ovum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after Blighted Ovum

What are my chances of having healthy child after "Blighted ovum"?

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
169867_tn?1327602254
Statistically I don't know,  but I'm sure some of the other lovely ladies here will  be only too happy to share their knowledge and experiences with you.
My own limited experience is that I had a blighted ovum last year detected when I had an early ultrasound after an episode of light bleeding at 7w 4 days. I'm 13 weeks 1 day pregnant right now and I saw a very healthy looking fetus at my ultrasound yesterday :)

Good luck,

Ruth xx
Blank
142722_tn?1281537216
I had a blighted ovum June of 06, m/c around 9w.  I had a chemical pregnancy in Sept. and got pregnant again in Oct 06 and I am now 35w today.  I have my C-Section planned for June 19 the very same week I had my m/c last year.  It can happen.  My dr. said a lot of women have blighted ovums and never realize it because they view it as a late af, but with me I had almost missed two af.
Blank
I had a blighted ovum last summer, they discovered it at 11 weeks when I began to bleed lightly.  I m/c early June, and was pregnant after my first af, just 5 weeks after my m/c.  I have a healthy 7 week old baby now.  It's just tough to get through the first trimester after a m/c 'cuz yu are so scared something is going to happen again, but really b/o happen more than you think and so many women go on to have healthy pregnancies right after.  Good luck.
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
I had a bo mc in October anad am currently 27 weeks pregnant with a child conceived about 6 weeks later.

A bo is due to a bad egg,,,,apparently we all drop them now and then.

Good luck, and be sure to tell us when you are preggers again.
Blank
I don't know all of he medical and technical chances but I can tell you from experience that the chnces that you will have a healthy baby are pretty high. I had a blighted Ovum in October 2006 and I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and the baby looks great. Hang in there, you will have a healthy baby soon. You just have to be patient and give your body time to adjust. Good luck!
Blank
Thx, ladies. Reading your posts about success after a BO has made me much more optimistic. Here's hoping we can be successful on the next one.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank