Maternal & Child Community
Pregnancy after Novasure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnancy after Novasure

Im wanting to conceive 6mths after Novasure & reading some posts im feeling a bit hopeful. Im 37 yrs old & since having the Novasure done i have not had any bleeding @ all. I do get all the pms like im getting my period just no bleeding. I was curious to know, of the successful pregnancies, after ur novasure, how was ur period? did u have 1? i think i confuse pms and pregnancy symptoms, often sometimes, but i think its just wishful thinking. Anyways just looking for some hope, and similiar situations. Thank you
Novasure is where they "burn" the lining in the inside of the uterus. It is supposed to be a "permanant" birth control. With the Novasure, most women will not get a period. If they do, it will be very little spotting. The bleeding can occur up to a year after the ablation. As always, not having sexual encounters is the only way to be 100% sure not to get pregnant. Even after the Novasure, it IS possible to get pregnant. It is a very slim chance but, you may be that slim chance! You need to get the doctor to do a HCG level on you and check your hormone levels (both checked by blood sample) as either one of those can affect the symptoms you are having. You also need to talk to your doctor about your desire to have a child. She will have suggestions as to what your options are. I am a mom of 4 and nurse. Good luck!
I guess im just wondering what my odds are. Im wondering how many women who had successful pregnancies, had no bleeding at all after the novasure procedure. Im currently 6 mths post op, terribly regreting my decision. I do not have any bleeding at all. I do however have a terrible desire to conceive. Im hoping i can get some kind of example of what women's post novasure and pre pregancy cycles or lack of were like.