Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant 4 days before period????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant 4 days before period????

My cycle days have averaged between 21 and 26 days for the last four cycles.  I stopped taking birth control in January 2006.    I had protected sex July 8 with ex and started my period on July 12th.  It was a regular and on time period.  I had unprotected sex on August 1 with current.  I was due to start my next period on August 5th.  I had a positive home test on August 6th and A positive blood test on the 7th.  I am having a threatened miscarriage.  My problem is that I cannot recall having sex between July 8 and August 1.  Could I be pregnant by ex?  Please tell me its impossible.  Either current and I had sex and I don't remember or I got pregnant on August 1st.  But would test show positve that soon.  Please send answer ASAP
I don't see how it would be possible for it to be your current boyfriend's, as it takes 2 or 3 days for the fertilized egg to travel to the uterus. Then it takes at least another 6 to 9 days for it to implant and start releasing Hcg to allow for a positive hpt reading. Some people still get their period the first few months of pregnancy (some have light bleeding all the way through their pregnancy around the time of their supposed period). Maybe you're one of the women who still had that FINAL period. Of course, this is all my opinion, but it seems you must have had sex some time during your ovulation last month.

Best of luck!
That's tough to say because both situations seem unlikely...meaning, if you truly had a period and not some other type of bleeding on the 12th then you would not be pregnant, but also, BDing on the 1st and getting a positive so soon after seems also highly unlikely because implantation doesn't even usually start until then or after.  But, again, there are strange situations that don't follow any rules, so I'm not sure.  Sorry if this isn't much help and best of luck to you whatever happens :)
Thank you for resonponding so quickly.  I'm just trying to put my mind at ease.  I'm sure you can tell where this is going.  I can't believe that I have put myself in this situation.  For clarification, are you saying that pregnancy on July 8th seems unlikely of I had a period on the 12th?  It is possible that I had sex with current boyfriend in between and just don't remember.  As long as I can rule out getting pregnant on the 8th I am happy with whenever I got pregnant.  Think about this scenario, if I started period on July 12th and it ended July 16th.  If I was to start next period on August 5, would I have been fertile July 20-24?  There is no way I got pregnant around the 8th, right.  So my current has to be the dad.
did you have sex with your ex any other time before July 8th?  The short bleeding that you had on the 12th could have been implantation bleeding.  If you actually are preggo then I would go to the doctors and once it is confirmed they can tell you at your first ultrasound how far along you are.  YOu just have to give them all the dates that you gave us.  Good luck.
Also, my hcg count at 4 weeks and 5 days were 885 so I dont know when you had your levels checked but you can kinda compare those numbers....just out of curiosity you said you had protected sex but what did you use?
I really really doubt its the exs One you were protected, and 2 you had your period. I will tell you my story. Me and my partner always use the "pull out method" and have for 3 years. Well, the day before my period or two days before we didn't use it being I was going to start my period we said w/e it's a safe period. Even though things happen! Well, I got pregnant! Don't get scared yet the story isn't over lol. I went and had an u/s done. I actually got pregnant about 2 weeks later than when that whole thing happened. The pull out method obviously dosen't work all the time. So my point is, I had my period and was not pregnant. You were protected and got your period so that's like twice as unlikely for you to get pregnant. I would really say it's your currents baby. I asked my Dr, because this baby has measured ahead a couple times on some u/s's I had done, and she said that can happen in later pregnancy but my early u/s matched up to EXACTLY when I would have ovulated, and she said theres almost no chance of getting pregnant at that time. Some women do ovulate late, but then they're period should be delayed a little as well. So, I wouldn't worry I would say it's your currents. Good luck and hope things go well with the pregnancy!
No, the only time I had sex with my ex was on July 8th and it was protected.  My period on July 12 was regular ( red and four days long).  I just don't see how I could have possibly gotten pregnant on the 8th.  I had a vaginal sonogram on Aug 7th, but they couldn't see anything.  I was also told that my HCG levels were at 370.  I'm convinced that my boyfriend and I had sex and I don't remember.  Someone agree with me please!!!  What are the odds of having protected sex, four days later having a full period, then the sperm suviving long enough for me to ovulate.  Like the first responder said, both situations seem unlikely, so I had to have had sex between the July 8th and August 1st!
I used a condom for protection.  My HCG was 370 on 8/7.  I am more and more confident that it's not my ex's.  My period was like clock work.  Besides if it were his I think my HCG level would be a lot higher (comparable to your numbers).  I am however having a threatened miscarriage so that could account for my low numbers. I was hopeful, but it is not looking good.  I have had dark brown spotting for 5 days, but today it is red and flowing. I had another test yesterday so I should know soon what my levels are.
Yeah, it sounds like it is your currents. Everything happens for a reason yanno, and hopefully when you're ready you will have a little baby. I'm sorry to hear about the numbers and your bleeding. We're all here if you need us. :)
could i have conceived 2 days before my period? My lmp 5-27-07
I can't contribute a lot, but can tell you that with my third pregnancy (just ended at 9 weeks  with D &c from baby not developing) that I knew 10 days after conception with a regular test.  No possiblilty that mine was a different date, so I know that some people can find out very early.  
I have be honest with you anything is possible. I would pray about and you may need to do a DNA test. Your going to have to be honest with your ex and current boyfriend. But I wish you good luck for whatever you want.
i had unprotected sex wit my gf 3 days before her coming period,should we take plan B or is it highly unlikely that she gets pregnant??i need to know ASAP cus this happened yesterday and its not too late to take the pill...plus i didnt finish in her or pull out just before we used a condom some time in between but i didnt finish at all(sad i know)but the fact that i went in and out during the course does it make it likely for her to be pregnant??,i know anythin is possible but which is more likely at 3 days before her period WITHOUT ejaculating in her?
I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND THIS WHOLE CYCLE THING. I USALLY GET MY PERIOD BETWEEN THE 27-29 TH OF EACH MONTH. WHEN WILL I BE OVALUTING. I HAD SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND ON THE 28. AND GOT MY PERIOD THIS MONTH ON THE 29. IS IT STILL POSSIBLE THAT I CAN BE PREGNANT.
depending on the length of your cycle, it is usually around 14 days before your period starts. i doubt if you had sex on the 28th and started your period on the 29th that you are pregnant.. especially since you still had your period.
I ate tuna yesterday, then dyed my hair purple.  I went shoe shopping and saw this really HOT lookin' fella.....OOPS do you think I can be pregnant?  I mean, I was looking at him for a loooong long long time.  Longer than his ******!  Do you think I can be pregnant, or was it just indigestion from the rotten tuna? PLEASE HELP ME!
me and my partner had sexon the 11th of march my next period is due 25th march ive not got no signs of pregnancy could i be pregnant and is there anyway of finding out before my next period
i had my periods before 4days from the date of normal periods date.is it the possibilities of pregnancy
I had unprotected sex on October 21st and I started my period on October 25th. It is now November 21st and I am suppose to start my period tomorrow, but I just currently noticed spotting when I went to the bathroom. Could I have gotten pregnant on October 21st and still had my period four days later?
If you had your period on October 25th, then you did not conceive on Oct. 21st.

The majority of women will ovulate about 14 days before the start of their period.  If you fall in that majority, then your fertile time would have been the 11th of October, and the 4 or so days leading up to that date.  In addition, you do not get your period when you are pregnant.  

If your period is due tomorrow, this is just some spotting which is super common a day or two prior to your period starting.

If you really think you might be pregnant, you can try a home test or see your Dr. for a bloodtest, but it's highly unlikely.