Prescribed medicine during pregnancy
I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant and I was having a little spotting and brown discharge and the doctor prescribed me Flagyl. He said I had some kind of bacteria infection. I was wondering has anyone else ever taken that during pregnancy or anykind of prescribed medicine? I had a miscarriage in October '05 so I'm nervous to even take a Tylenol.

Hebbie
I got some kind of antibiotic cream at 14 weeks. Don't ask me why antibiotics, I had spotting from week 10 (pap smear) until then and my dr. said my cervix was very sensitive. I also had macrobid for a UTI. I would say, if your dr. says you need it, take it. As alseedus says, you don't want that infection to grow!
one of my friends developed a kidney infection while she was newly pregnant and then again when she was later into her pregnancy both times, she was on morphine in the hospital and she was also on antibiotics throughout her pregnancy.  She had a healthy little girl who is doing great.  I think that the only thing that you can do is ask questions, if they think you should be on it, take it, if you are nervous get a second opinion.  Good luck to you.
Thank you all for your comments. This really helps. I guess I'm still really nervous. I have started taking the medicine and I haven't had that much discharge like I had before so maybe this will help. Keep your fingers cross.

Hebbie
I am having pain in my knees and I am 21 weeks and I am taking Hyflex-DS and that is what the doctor prescribed me, so I take it when I need it.  But before that all I took was Tylenol, but if you have any kind of infection it is best to take the prescription before something worse happens with you or the baby.
I am 15 weeks and have an abcessed tooth. They prescribed me amoxicillin which is a class B drug. You can look more on the class of the drug. They will prescribe you what is safe in pregnancy, I would say you're just fine!!
Thank's guys I feel so much better about taking the medicine now. I appreciate all your advice!

Hebbie
has anyone taken metformin for insulin resistance that was not d/t pcos?  i have a positive preg test. I am cramping is this normal, with alot of clear discharge?  Oh about the med what was your dosage and how long did you continue the med while preg?