Probably stupid question...can jiggling/shaking belly in 3rd tri cause issues?
Seriously  - I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes I jiggle my belly up and down and from side to side to get my baby moving to reassure me that he's ok when he seems inactive for too long to me.  So, can I cause the little guy brain damage or something?  I am sooooooo paranoid today for some reason.  
How funny - I just did that today.  I do what you do shake from side to side up and down - not hard of course.  He goes crazy sometimes and other times I think he is sleeping - I feel better now BTW.  And it is very hot and I am avoiding working in it today.
I wouldn't think jiggling your belly a little bit would hurt the baby.   It jiggles when you walk.  
lol It's only as stupid as it would be if I asked it!!! I was kind of wondering the same thing myslef! I got to thinking, though, they say that sex is OK up until delivery and that obviously involves some wiggling and jiggling of the belly so I am assuming that just pushing it around is ok, too! My mom said that her doc used to tell her was to put her hands on her hips and start pushing inwards towards her bellybutton and that should make the baby move. (Of course that was 17 years ago, but my brother seems OK! lol)
Ruby & have2kids- good points!  I didn't even think about those two things (and I do them both)! :)

Kris: I am so glad that you are feeling better now.  I was worried - and especially if you were walking around that hot warehouse.  Glad you don't even try! :)  I wonder what it was?  Perhaps you should run it by your doc next time you see them.  When do you go next?  I go for my 3d u/s on 6/6.  OMG!  I'm so nervous and excited.  I'll know how much fluid there is, what position he's in, how big he really is, and if everything still looks good.  Oh, and I don't have a bathing suit, either.  I refuse to go near a pool looking like this.  Though, it's so hot today that I don't know if I even care anymore.  :)
I'm wearing a bikini!  It is sooooo much more comforable. I have always worn one, and I won't stop now.  If nobody at the pool likes to look at my pg belly, they can look the other way!  I'm 22 weeks w/my third.  I have a WAlmart bikini that I bought on clearance, it was so cheap that I didn't try it on.  Last year, it was too big.  It fits great now!  I wore it to the pool yesterday, and it was comfortable, and worked great.  After I stretch it out all summer, I throw the cheap thing away!  

I also bought a summer family pool pass, and I will sit in the water everyday like a duck.  At least I'll stay cool!
I had to post something after I read the bathing suit comment! lol. I actually went shopping for one yesterday, and the sales woman would show me nothing but these one piece plus size styles. Basically, swimsuits that cover you more then your daily shorts and tank tops! I'm not overweight!! I'm just pregnant! She seemed disgusted (sp?) when I grabbed all the binki's! (classy ones that is, nothing skimpy!)  Pregnant woman are beautiful! why can't we show it off?
And to the shaking your belly. I do it too, just cause it looks funny :O) It shakes when your having sex? and sex is very healthy so I figure it'll either put him to sleep or wake him up!
I know - we are beautiful with our bellies and all!  I just am having a hard time with my 39lb weight gain (I started at 113 lbs).  Only 4 wks to go starting tomorrow!  Hopefully - let's just say a little prayer that he'll hang out in there for the duration.  Have a lovely evening ladies!  I love our bellies!
Ohhhh get a bathing suit! I got me a 2 piece! I don't care if i do look like a whale! lol
good question . I was wondering to same cause i've been doing to get my baby girl to move she seems to be a lazy baby lately.